Wanna get lucky with these Bailey's Irish Cream Cupcakes? Irish eyes are smiling, because these little beauties have some pretty, awesome flavor! That's because our party cupcakes are infused with some Bailey's Irish Cream and topped with the Bailey's Irish Cream Buttercream Frosting! I think they're definitely screaming your name! They did mine. 🙂
Just in case you aren't familiar with Bailey's Irish Cream. It is a cream dessert liquor that is soooo dreamy made with Irish whiskey and real dairy cream. It can be served on the rocks, in coffee, in desserts and mixed cocktails.
Bailey's is also available in several other different flavors, including hazelnut, chocolate mint, crème caramel, and coffee! 🙂
To make these more festive, I added in some green food coloring to some of the vanilla cupcake batter to make them a really, cool shamrock kelly green or 50 shades of green here!
Is your heritage Irish? I am on ancestry.com, but I really don't have a large base of Irish ancestry, but I am a Notre Dame fan, so does that make me more Irish? 🙂
So, how are you going to celebrate St. Paddy's Day this year? These cupcakes would be a perfect treat to help you celebrate in style. You can make the cake any flavor you want, have fun with it.
I leave you with an Irish Blessing:
May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light,
May good luck pursue you each morning and night.
Other Bailey's Irish Cream Desserts I'm crushin on...
Bailey's Irish Cream and Pistachio Nut Fudge by Eat good for Life
Guinness Chocolate Cake with Irish Cream Frosting by A Beautiful Bite
Bailey’s Irish Cream Chocolate Chip Cheesecake by Cozy Country Living
Lucky Bailey's Irish Cream Cupcakes
- 1 White Cake Mix + Ingredients to make cupcakes
- Optional: Green Food Coloring for coloring cupcakes
Topping for cupcakes
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons Bailey’s Irish Cream
- Sprinkles mini chocolate chips for garnish
- Make white cake with ingredients called out on directions of cake mix.
- Reserve ⅓ of cupcake batter and set aside.
- Add in some drops of green food coloring to the remainder of the cake, mix until color achieved and pour into cupcake liners ⅔ to ¾ of the way full.
- Take reserved ⅓ cupcake batter and drop a spoonful on top of the green batter and spread to edge of each cupcake. Use knife and do one swirl in each cupcake.
- Bake in oven as directions say.
Bailey's Irish Cream for tops of cupcakes
- After the cupcakes have been baked and cooled, poke a few holes in the top of each cupcake and then pour up to 1 - 2 or 3 teaspoons of Bailey's on the top of each out of the 1 cup of Bailey's. The holes will help the Bailey's reach the interior, infusing the cupcakes. Yum!
Bailey's Irish Cream Buttercream Frosting
- Cream the butter and sugar together until smooth.
- Add the salt and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Mix in 3-4 tablespoon Irish Cream. Add more or less depending on the consistency of frosting you desire.
- Beat on high for 2 minutes.
- Using a large round top, pipe a big swirl of frosting onto the cupcake.
- Decorate with sprinkles and mini chocolate chips.