This luscious Strawberry Ice Box Cake is right down my alley.
Layers of French vanilla pudding and whipped cream, and those strawberries entertwined with graham crackers, makes this dessert scream ‘Hello! I’m ready for the party!’. Seriously…you won’t want to miss this sweet gem.
It’s incredibly delicious and you can serve it 2 ways! Frozen or refrigerated. Refrigerated is like this Eclair Cake or frozen like an ice cream cake. Now you just have to choose which one you want to dive into! I’m partial to refrigerated, but on a super hot day, the ice cream version would be my pick.
This is such an awesome dessert to serve on any occasion and look how impressive it looks and it is as easy as pie to make, only in this case, as easy as cake! You can do all kinds of variations with this. Blueberries with cream cheese pudding or bananas with banana pudding. Use chocolate graham crackers or Oreo cookies, or use caramel, chocolate or strawberry syrup! It’s endless and fun to be creative!
Here’s the recipe! Now let’s party!
Strawberry Ice Box Cake
- 8-10 graham crackers
- 1 pkg. JELL-O French Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding 3.4 oz., prepared as per package instructions.
- 2 container whipped topping or 6 cups of fresh whipped cream 8-ounce
- 2 lbs or 4 cups strawberries sliced
- Line a 9x5-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap, with ends extending over sides of pan.
- In a medium sized bowl, prepare pudding mix as directed and let stand 5 min.
- Meanwhile, cover bottom of 9x5-inch loaf pan with graham cracker squares to form an even layer.
- Add 1 & 1/2 cups or 1/2 tub of whipped topping into the prepared pudding mixture and mix until incorporated.
- Spoon 1/3 of the pudding mixture on top of the graham cracker layer and then add a layer of strawberries.
- Repeat 2 more times. Put remainder of whipped cream and strawberries in fridge until ready to serve.
- Cover with plastic wrap. Decide...Frozen or Refrigerated?
- Freeze 4 hours or until firm. Invert dessert onto serving platter, remove pan and plastic wrap. Let cake start to thaw 10-15 minutes, then cover with remaining whipped topping and strawberries and serve. Run your knife under hot water to warm the knife. The knife should slide through the cake more easily. Repeat as necessary.
- Refrigerate 3 hours. and invert dessert onto serving platter, remove pan and plastic wrap. Cover with remaining whipped topping and strawberries and serve.
Other Ice Box Cakes I’m Craving!