Pumpkin craze going on here! Fall is around the corner and I'm already diving into the pumpkin "pool" of pumpkin loveliness.
And these Soft Batch Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are my kind of "pool" party!
Don't you just love pumpkin? *Yesssss!*
ChocolaTess Pumpkin Trivia!!
Did you know pumpkins are rich in vitamin A and potassium? They are also high in fiber, which means pumpkin is very good for you! 🙂
Did you know colonists sliced off pumpkin tops; removed seeds and filled the insides with milk, spices and honey and then baked it in hot ashes and is the origin of pumpkin pie?
Did you know the largest pumpkin pie ever baked was in 2005 and weighed 2,020 pounds?
Did you know I just ate a bunch of these Soft Batch Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies and found them ridiculously, deliciously soft, pumpkin spiced, chocolatey and addictive?
Join me in the *Drool Party*
Want more pumpkin cookie ideas?
Soft Batch Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter softened, or vegan butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup plus 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chocolate chips of choice Use dairy-free for vegan
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, add butter and both sugars and beat with a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and pumpkin and mix until combined.
- Add the pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and beat until combined. Dough will be soft but scoopable.
- Fold in the chocolate chips until just incorporated.
- Use an ice cream or cookie scoop (¼ cup for large, 1.5 tablespoons for medium) and drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Press additional chocolate chips on top of cookie dough if desired.
- Bake larger cookies 13-15 minutes for large, 10-12 minutes for small and allow cookies to rest approximately two minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- Makes 1 dozen large or 2 dozen small cookies.
- Store cookies in air-tight container.