Delectable, insane, spiced, soft batch pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are pure "Pumpkin Nirvana". If you want to experience classic soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies with the addition of pumpkin, then you'll fall in love with these! Eggless and super delish!
The Pumpkin Craze going on here! Fall is around the corner and I'm already diving into the pumpkin "pool" of pumpkin loveliness. And these Soft Batch Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are my kind of "pool" party! Don't you just love pumpkin? *Yesssss!*
Surprisingly, there are no eggs needed, due to the addition of pumpkin! So these can be vegan easily as well, if you change the butter and chocolate chips to non-dairy butter and chocolate chips, you're all set!
This cookie dough doesn’t require chilling, so the dough can be baked right away without the cookies spreading too much.
Of course, you can chill the dough for later, if you want to make them later in the day or the next day after preparing the dough. I would recommend scooping the dough with a cookie scoop and placing them on a cookie dough sheet lined with parchment paper for about 30 minutes. Then transfer them to a zip-lock or storage container until you're ready to bake. It just makes it easier this way, than to try to scoop the dough after it has stiffened up.
You can also place the chilled scooped dough balls into the freezer up to a couple of months. Bake them whenever you want a pumpkin cookies on a whim for a couple more minutes though, since they are frozen! 🙂
ChocolaTess Pumpkin Trivia!!
Did you know pumpkins are rich in vitamin A and potassium? They are also high in fiber, which means pumpkin is very good for you! 🙂
Did you know colonists sliced off pumpkin tops; removed seeds and filled the insides with milk, spices and honey and then baked it in hot ashes and is the origin of pumpkin pie?
Did you know the largest pumpkin pie ever baked was in 2005 and weighed 2,020 pounds? OMG!
Did you know I just ate a bunch of these Soft Batch Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies and found them ridiculously, deliciously soft, pumpkin spiced, chocolatey and addictive?
Join me in the *Drool Party*
Want more pumpkin cookie ideas?
Eggless Soft Batch Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter softened, or vegan butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup plus 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chocolate chips of choice Use dairy-free for vegan
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, add butter and both sugars and beat with a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and pumpkin and mix until combined.
- Add the pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and beat until combined. Dough will be soft but scoopable.
- Fold in the chocolate chips until just incorporated.
- Use an ice cream or cookie scoop (¼ cup for large, 1.5 tablespoons for medium) and drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Press additional chocolate chips on top of cookie dough if desired.
- Bake larger cookies 13-15 minutes for large, 10-12 minutes for small and allow cookies to rest approximately two minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- Makes 1 dozen large or 2 dozen small cookies.
- Store cookies in air-tight container.