This post has been sponsored by MARS, Inc. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Have you ever made chocolate bark before? Because I can think of some Easter Bunny fans that would go goo-goo, ga-ga over this cute M&M® Easter Egg Chocolate Bark in their Easter Baskets! And frankly? (We can be frank, can't we?)
Who doesn't love M&M's® ?
But... these are a little different, because they are M&M® Speckled Eggs by MARS! We have milk chocolate and peanut butter options shaped like small robin's eggs.
Pssst....OPTIONS?! YES! Who can pass up those kind of tempting options?
Busy Moms! You can even make this with the kids. They can swirl the colored chocolate to make those sweet swirls and they can plop down some M&Ms and add sprinkles too. Of course, if it's a surprise from the you-know-who, you can probably get this all said and done and ready to consume pretty quickly yourself!
Wait! I meant...you can probably get this all said and done pretty quickly and then you can put the M&M® Easter Egg Chocolate Bark in the kiddies Easter baskets. (It can also be made ahead of time if you want to!)
I don't know about you, but I was always highly possessive over my Easter candy as a child. Who are we kidding? I still must be a kid. Nothing has changed. Are you still a kid too?? 😉 I love you!
But to get ahead of the game, drop by your local Kroger and get all your ingredients to make this M&M® Easter Egg Chocolate Bark. The Easter Bunny has made sure to have them available for you to make your Easter complete and fun. Watch out! They are totally hoard-worthy too. Don't ask me how I know this! 🙂
So to start with...Prepare a sheet tray covered with parchment paper or tin foil, set aside.
Work fast, after you melt your chocolate, pour about ¼ cup or so into 3 ramekins or bowls. Add your gel food color and mix well.
Next, pour out the rest of your chocolate and spread out.
Using a spoon, dollop the colors of chocolate randomly on top of the chocolate.
Then use the end of a spoon or toothpick and start swirling the colors around with the tip with whatever designs you want.
Add those M&M® Speckled Eggs!
Then toss on whatever looks good to you when it comes to decorative sprinkles.
Check out your creative masterpiece!
Don't you just love all those beautiful Easter colors and those yummy looking Easter M&M® Speckled Eggs?
Let the bark harden completely at room temperature, about 1 hour. Then break it up.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 to 2 weeks.
Need some other ideas? You could also serve this decorative chocolate bark at any Easter Egg Hunt too or Easter Brunch!
It's so pretty, festive and rock-star all at the same time!
Hop on over after work or the weekend to get all your Easter baked good and basket essentials at Kroger in the candy/baking aisle. (I know it well.) Don't forget to purchase these M&M® Speckled Eggs as Easter egg stuffers too, right? Right! You know "Easter" just isn't "Easter" without chocolate and M&M® Speckled Eggs!
So, here' s how to make M&M® Easter Egg Chocolate Bark to make everybody HOPPY! And maybe some magical Unicorns too! They love these rainbow colors too!
Here's the recipe!
M&M® Easter Egg Chocolate Bark
- M &M® Easter Egg Chocolate Bark
- 1 pound white chocolate, good quality
- Milk Chocolate M&M® Speckled Eggs
- Peanut Butter M&M® Speckled Eggs
For pretty swirl effect
- 3 Gel Food Color - Oil-based I used pink, purple and green
- Need: 3 ramekins or small bowls for making the colored chocolate
- This is an easy recipe, but here's a good tip: You should work fairly fast after the chocolate has melted. So, if the kiddies are helping out, move them along. The chocolate will start to harden after a few minutes, so have everything ready to go before you start as far as ingredients, and utensils you are using.
- Chop the chocolate into ½-inch pieces with a large knife. Place all but 1 cup of the chopped chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave 30 seconds, then stir with a rubber spatula. Continue microwaving and stirring at 30-second intervals until melted, 3 to 5 minutes total.
- Quickly add the remainder of the chopped chocolate to the bowl and stir briskly until melted and shiny. It's ok if there are a few small unmelted pieces.
- Place 3 ramekins/bowls and place about a ¼ cup or a couple of dollops of chocolate in each one. Add some gel using a toothpick to swirl into the chocolate and repeat with other colors and mix with chocolate well with a spoon quickly for the next steps.
- Pour the remainder of the chocolate onto the prepared baking sheet; use the rubber spatula to spread it into a 10-to-12-inch circle, about ¼ inch thick.
- Start by picking a color and spooning it over the chocolate in random drizzles, then repeat with the other two. Grab a tooth pick or end of a spoon handle and start swirling your pretty designs.
- Add your M&M's® all over your chocolate, the follow with sprinkles.
- Let the bark harden completely at room temperature, about 1 hour.
- If you need to speed up the process, refrigerate for a few minutes. Don’t leave the chocolate in the refrigerator for too long. The chocolate can become too cold and will “sweat” or even crack when brought to room temperature.
- Break into pieces and store in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 to 2 weeks.
This content was sponsored in all social shares
- sponsored or #sponsored
- AD or #ad
• Facebook: @M&M’sU.S.A. , @DoveChocolate
• Twitter: @mmschocolate , @dovechocolate
• Instagram: @mmschocolate, @DoveChocolateOfficial
• Pinterest: @mmschocolate, @DoveChocolateUS