Jelly Swirled Peanut Butter Bars! Omg…these are freakin’ awesome. Don’t be ‘jelly’! You can make these too, and they will soon be your new favorite bars, I promise.
Here’s some ‘ChocolaTess Trivia’ for you!
Did you know…The average American will eat 1500 PB&Js before they turn 18!?
The study was performed by Prepared Foods. Want to know more PB & J trivia? Go here for “11 Things You Didn’t Know About Peanut Butter & Jelly”.
If you’re even remotely a peanut butter & jelly fan, you will definitely go bonkers over these. Make them any flavor of jelly you want. Seriously, you have to try these.
Moist, soft and delicious! You can freeze them too. (Guilty, I have eaten them frozen too…I know, I’m weird!)
Peanut butter and jelly is such a staple at home, especially for brown bag lunches and afternoon snacks. I hope you’ll give these a try. The kiddies will love these for sure.
at PBJ & Carry on! Here’s the recipe!
Jelly Swirled Peanut Butter Bars
Jelly and Peanut Butter Bars
- ½ cup butter softened
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup strawberry jelly or whatever you flavor you prefer
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
Peanut Butter Drizzle
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray with non-stick spray an 8x8 or 9x9 pan, set aside.
- Using mixer, cream butter, peanut butter, and brown sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla, and mix well.
- Add flour and mix until combined.
- Press mixture into pan.
- Drop peanut butter and jelly in spoonfuls on top of dough.
- Use a knife to swirl the two together into the dough.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- Melt peanut butter in microwave for 15-25 seconds.
- Drizzle warmed peanut butter on top of bars. (I used a pastry bag, cut out a small hole and drizzled back and forth across bars.
- Cut into bars and serve.
If you love peanut butter, you might wanna check these nom-noms out!