White Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars are deliciously peanut butter cake bars topped with a dreamy white chocolate buttercream and Reese's mini white chocolate peanut butter cups. A PB lover inspired recipe you'll love!
This yummy, ultra moist peanut butter sheet cake is baked in a 9x13 pan. Then we pair it with a creamy, luscious white chocolate buttercream frosting that is to die for!
The top of the cake we have heavenly Reese's white chocolate peanut butter cups. You get some of everything in each bite! A little sweet, a little salty...OMG!
Talk about yummy!!
White Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars are the talk of town! Well, at least in my kitchen and hopefully yours too, soon!
These kind of treats are wonderful when you want to feed a small army for any occasion.
This dessert was inspired for the upcoming Fall season, Halloween party fun, football game night and of course, for peanut butter lovers--always wanting even more peanut butter recipes in their life! (like me!)
Speaking of peanut butter treats, don't overlook these amazing Home-made Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Footballs, these OMG Peanut Butter Cup Brownies, Double Stuffed Peanut Butter Cup Bliss Cupcakes, and these ‘Awesome’ Peanut Butter Buckeye Rice Krispies too!
Other White Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars options:
I love these as they are, but I love other options too!
- If you want even more of the salty side with the sweet, you could add pretzel bits or salted peanuts to the top.
- If you want more a more color pop for Fall, add some Reese's Pieces. How cute right?
- Of course, if you're strictly a peanut butter fan, try this peanut butter frosting here for a peanut butter and chocolate lover, try this chocolate frosting with the peanut butter cake.
Let's Dive IN!!!
More Peanut Butter Bar Heaven!
- Peanut Butter Butterscotch Cookies
- Peanut Butter Loaded Bars
- 'Can't Eat Just One' Peanut Butter M&M Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins
- Peanut Butter Stuffed Brownies
You may want to snag the recipe of our amazing Amish Peanut Butter Cream Pie as well! It’s a winner!
White Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
Peanut Butter Sheet Cake:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅓ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup water
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup buttermilk, or any milk will work
White Chocolate Buttercream Frosting:
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened softened
- 12 ounces white chocolate melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 package of Reese's Mini White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups roughly chopped
White Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a large bowl, then set aside.
- Combine butter, water and peanut butter in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Add in the flour mixture and whisk together, then set aside.
- Combine egg, vanilla and buttermilk and whisk together, then transfer to peanut butter mixture and mix well until everything is just incorporated.
- Spread into a greased 9x13 pan. This cake will rise so when you put in it pan, it will appear as a thin layer.
- Bake for 12-17 minutes, until it springs back when gently touched.
White Chocolate Buttercream:
- Using a mixer, beat the butter at medium speed until creamy. Beat in the melted white chocolate. Add in the confectioners' sugar, salt and vanilla and beat at low speed until light and fluffy.
- Add more confectioners sugar for a more stiff frosting, but add it ¼ cup at a time.
- Sprinkle the chopped peanut butter cups on top. Cut and serve!
Amy (Savory Moments) says
These look absolutely divine!
Katherine | Love In My Oven says
White chocolate and peanut butter is SO genius. I would literally eat the whole pan. Keep these away from me!!! Haha
heather (delicious not gorgeous) says
mini white chocolate pb cups?! they're so cute aaahh. hunting them down asap.
John / Kitchen Riffs says
Peanut butter and any kind of chocolate is such a wonderful combo, isn't it? Terrific looking bars -- really pretty, and I'll bet really, really tasty. Thanks!
Kelly Lynns Sweets and Treats says
First look at this post and just seeing the picture of these bars, I immediately pinned. I didn't even get to the recipe yet because I KNEW I NEEDED THESE IN MY LIFE! YUMMMMMMM!!!!
Leanne | Crumb Top Baking says
I'm definitely a peanut butter and chocolate lover! I usually pair my PB with dark chocolate, but the pairing with white chocolate in these bars looks and sounds amazing! Definitely a treat perfect for fall celebrations!
It’s like you’re reading my mind! I’ve been dreaming of a dessert with white chocolate and peanut butter! This is a cake I’m def going to make! Thanks for the idea, and I’m all in for adding pretzels for a sweet-salty vibe!
[email protected] says
Yep - I fall into the category of, "peanut butter lover – always wanting even more peanut butter recipes in my life!" This is a winner - and you're right - just perfect for fall!
Kelsie | the itsy-bitsy kitchen says
These are killing me! White chocolate and peanut butter? Just give me the whole pan 🙂
Kelsie | the itsy-bitsy kitchen says
These are killing me. White chocolate and peanut butter? Just give me the whole pan 🙂
LOL I hear you @2pots2cook! Thanks so much!!
Oh yes ! No need to take diving glasses 🙂