Today’s recipe are these wonderfully, addictive White Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars.
This yummy, moist peanut butter sheet cake is baked in a 9×13 pan, then it’s paired with a creamy, luscious white chocolate buttercream frosting that is to die for!
The top of the cake is adorned with heavenly Reese’s white chocolate peanut butter cups scattered about. You get some of everything in each bite! A little sweet, a little salty…OMG!
Talk about yummy!!
White Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars are the talk of town!
Well at least my kitchen and hopefully yours too, soon!
These kind of treats are wonderful when you want to feed a small army for any occasion.
This dessert was inspired for the upcoming Fall season, Halloween party fun, football game night and of course, for peanut butter lovers–always wanting even more peanut butter recipes in their life! (like me!)
Speaking of peanut butter treats, don’t overlook these amazing Home-made Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Footballs, these OMG Peanut Butter Cup Brownies, Double Stuffed Peanut Butter Cup Bliss Cupcakes, and these‘Awesome’ Peanut Butter Buckeye Rice Krispies too!
I love these as they are, but I love other options too!
- If you want even more of the salty side with the sweet, you could add pretzel bits or salted peanuts to the top.
- If you want more a more color pop for Fall, add some Reese’s Pieces. How cute right?
- Of course, if you’re strictly a peanut butter fan, try this peanut butter frosting here or a peanut butter and chocolate lover, try this chocolate frosting here with the peanut butter cake.
You won’t be disappointed!
Let’s Dive IN!!!
White Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars - Deliciously peanut butter cake bars topped with a dreamy white chocolate buttercream and Reese's mini white chocolate peanut butter cups. PB lover inspired!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup buttermilk, or any milk will work
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened softened
- 12 ounces white chocolate melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package of Reese's Mini White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups roughly chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Sift together flour, sugar, salt and baking soda in a large bowl, then set aside.
Combine butter, water and peanut butter in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Add in the flour mixture and whisk together, then set aside.
Combine egg, vanilla and buttermilk and whisk together, then transfer to peanut butter mixture and mix well until everything is just incorporated.
Spread into a greased 9x13 pan.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until it springs back when gently touched.
Using a mixer, beat the butter at medium speed until creamy. Beat in the melted white chocolate. Add in the confectioners' sugar, salt and vanilla and beat at low speed until light and fluffy.
Add more confectioners sugar for a more stiff frosting, but add it 1/4 cup at a time.
Sprinkle the chopped peanut butter cups on top.
Cut and serve!
Double the recipe for a 11X17 inch sheet/jellyroll pan for a crowd!