Santa’s Christmas Trash Cookies are everything! Seriously, you get the best of both worlds with epic sweet and salty yumminess. Sweet and salty is a perfect match and always has you coming back for more. Have you noticed?
These cookies pretty much cover everything you could ever want in cookies and more, which is why they are called ‘trash’ cookies. Imagine soft, chewy cookies smooshed with loads of mini white and chocolate reese cups, white and chocolate chips, pretzels, potato chips, sea salt and festive sprinkles!
Trash never tasted so good!
Santa would be proud of these cookie accomplishments and will be rushing down the chimney to get to these! Can’t you just see it? So fun to celebrate with all the colorful candies and sprinkles!
The possibilities of adding in whatever you might have in your kitchen cupboards as far as the add-ins, you can literally go bonkers!
As an example, if you’re more into caramel instead of peanut butter with the with the sweet and salty factor, you could add in Rolos instead of peanut butter cups.
Or if you want to switch out the potato chips with roasted peanuts or almonds, go all out and customize these cookies to your heart’s content! ‘Tis the season, after all! The more the merrier!
You can also customize these trashy cookies for other seasons and holidays by the color of candies and sprinkles you use. Easter, switch out to pastel colors, Valentine’s Day, switch out to red and pink colors, Thanksgiving, switch out to fall colors…Get my drift? Yea…I got you!
Sea salt really takes these to another level. Just a light sprinkle is all you need. It magically enhances the sugar flavor in the cookies and we can’t get enough of it. Taste-test approved!
For more cookies, check out my cookie page…you’ll find tons!
Santa’s Christmas Trash Cookies
- 14 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda make sure it's not expired
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup crushed potato chips
- 1/3 cup crushed pretzels
- 1/2 cup mini white chocolate reese cups
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate reese cups
- 1/3 cup milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup m&m's I used red, green and blue
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup sprinkles of choice
- Sprinkles of flaky sea salt for tops of cookies
- Preheat oven to 350º and line two baking sheets with parchment.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt until combined, set aside.
- Using a mixer on, in a large bowl cream together butter and sugars for 1-3 minutes on medium speed until light and fluffy. Once the mixture turns pale yellow in color and has a light and fluffy texture, you’re done. Do not over-cream mixture.
- Beat in egg until combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until together until combined. (Dough will be very thick.)
- Add in potato chips, pretzels, m&m's reese cups, chocolate chips, and sprinkles and mix together.
- Using a medium sized scoop, scoop onto parchment paper and slightly press them down onto baking sheets and sprinkle with sea salt. Add additional pretzels, chips, candies and sprinkles to tops of cookies for decorative touches. If you want the cookies thick, don't press down as much, you can control how thick you want them. Sprinkle with some sea salt if you wish.Can also chill dough until ready to use, scoop the dough balls and store them in fridge until ready to bake.
- Bake until edges are just starting to get golden, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool 2 to 3 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
Recipe slightly modified from Delish