Hallelujah! These GF Southern Peaches and Cream Muffins are worthy of praise.
Quite a few of you have been asking for more gluten-free recipes, so I think these muffins will make you happy and jumping for joy for awhile. Well as long as they last (which probably won’t be long) but you probably should share. They can be slightly addicting.
This recipe is easy, and you will love it that you don’t have to add in those other concoctions into the gluten-free flour like xanthum, tapioca starch, arrowroot, the list goes on…am I alone here?
The easier the better, but if you need some gluten-free assistance you can check out these Gluten-Free Conversions by Handy and Homemade. (You can also make these using all-purpose flour as well, just use the same measurements as in the recipe)
Simple, tasty, ultra-moist buttermilk and cream cheese muffins loaded with tangy, sweet peaches in each yummy, delicious bite. You’ll be so pleased that these gluten free muffins taste like the real deal.
They are really good warmed up in the microwave for 10 seconds or so, and warm out of the oven. For an added richness, slather it with some butter and . O.M.G. Southern Comfort!
Here’s the recipe for GF Southern Peaches and Cream Muffins! Bake on!
GF Southern Peaches and Cream Muffins
- 2 cups Better Batter Gluten-free flour or your choice http://betterbatter.org/
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter room temperature
- 3- oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoon organic sugar or regular sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups small diced frozen peaches
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a muffin pan with 12 paper liners or use a silicone muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Add in half of the flour mixture, then the buttermilk, then stir in the remaining flour mixture until just combined.
- Fold in 2/3 chopped peaches. The batter will be fairly thick.
- Divide batter evenly into muffin cups using an ice cream scoop, add remaining peaches on top of each of the muffins.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean and the top springs back when lightly pressed.
- Turn muffins out onto a wire rack to cool before serving. Store in an airtight container.
- Makes 12-14 muffins.
Store muffins in fridge up to a week or freeze up to 3 months.
You can use all-purpose flour instead if the gluten-free flour, if you aren't gluten-free
I have used this recipe with Better Batter and Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Flour - others I am not sure about.
If you want some more Southern peach charm, you will love these too!