Holy Moses...I want you to know this Double Dark Chocolate Banana Snack Cake is so moist, with intensely rich chocolate flavor to our taste buds, we can't stop eating it. (In fact, it's kind of addicting...mark my words.) Healthy and no eggs! It's a chocolate lover's dream! Sign me up!
Now before you say, "That's a bad thing!" if we can't stop eating it! Well....It's too late. That moment has way passed.
You have second thoughts and say "Hell no! I don't give a rat's moon, it's chocolate freaking Caaaaake!!! That's all I need to know!" You're good to go! Good thing it's pretty healthy, because we get more...ha!
So, my chocoholics! Are you ready to find out what's in this Healthy Double Dark Chocolate Banana Snack Cake?
Ok, glad you asked! It has healthy ingredients in it, like bananas and applesauce. And of course, the stars of the show, "double dark chocolate bliss" in the cocoa powder and super dark semi-sweet chocolate chips!
This is a super, yummy fudgy snack cake that will definitely cure your chocolate cravings. Besides being easy to make, it stores well and purrfectly great for an after school snack for the kids with a cold glass of milk. The flavors keep melding together the longer it sits...yum! (Up to a week)
You can eat it warm or room temperature. Once you taste this Double Dark Chocolate Banana Snack Cake , you'll see why we can't stop eating it!
Meowwwwwwwwww! Purrfect, right? Bring me the Double Dark Chocolate Banana Snack Cake!
Want More Dark Chocolate Desserts?
Double Dark Chocolate Banana Snack Cake
- 3 very ripe bananas
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 8x8 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium size bowl, stir mashed bananas, sugars, applesauce, water, and vinegar until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt until just until combined.
- Fold in ½ cup of chocolate chips and pour into prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.
- Let cool, slice and serve.
Gluten Free Flour can be substituted for allergy friendly too.
Double the recipe, use a 9x13 pan! (You really should!!!)