#hotchocolate #hotchocolatemarshmallowcookies #thankgoodness #ihatewinterforreal
I have so many fond memories of enjoying hot chocolate growing up. We would take huge scoops of Nestle Quik and add it to our hot milk in our favorite mugs and who cared about calories??
The best part was adding lots and lots of puffy marshmallows and letting them melt into the hot chocolate and not burn your tongue, while in the process of sipping! It sure hit the spot after all those chilly football and basketball games. Brrrrr!
Wish I would have had these ‘Comfy Cozy’ Hot Chocolate & Marshmallow Cookies to dunk in my hot chocolate back then!
Hot chocolate or cocoa, or whatever you call it in your neck of the woods, are actually baked right in the cookies, along with some gooey marshmallow bits and milk chocolate chips!
I modified my Soft-Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe to come up with these ‘Comfy Cozy’ Hot Chocolate & Marshmallow Cookies and they rock!! BTW…They DID NOT make it through the day. So you might want to make a double batch!
I have to tell you, these cookies are incredibly delicious and delightfully holiday-ish! These would be so cute in mini-version too, don’t you think?
Marshmallow and Chocolate is a magical combination! Ya might wanna pounce on these!
"Comfy Cozy" Hot Chocolate & Marshmallow Cookies
- 14 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 3 packages hot chocolate mix 1 oz, or a heaping 1/3 cup
- 3/4 cup mini marshmallow bits
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line a few trays with baking paper or spray with non-stick spray.
- In a metal bowl, place the butter inside the bowl and place in the preheating oven.
- Leave it just for a few minutes, until the butter starts to melt around the outside (approx 1/2 of the butter melted). Take out of oven to cool.
- Once the butter has cooled, add both sugars and beat with a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and eggs, beating between each addition just until mixed.
- Add the flour,chocolate mix, baking soda and salt or sea salt and beat on a low speed, just until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips & mini marshmallows until just incorporated.
- Use an ice cream or cookie scoop (1/4 cup for large, 1.5 tablespoons for medium) and drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, allowing room for spreading.
- Pat down cookies just a little and press additional chocolate chips & mini marshmallows on top of cookie dough if desired.
- Bake one tray of cookies at a time, for 10-12 minutes for large, 8-9 minutes for small. Don't over-bake and allow to cool on wire rack.
- Makes 1 dozen large or 2 dozen small cookies.
- Store cookies in air-tight container.