These adorable and luscious Chocolate Chip Mini Bundt Cakes make the coolest looking chocolate chip desserts for any festivity! We're love celebrating the New Year and all celebratory occasions with these Chocolate Chip Mini Bundt Cakes!
If you're a Chocolate Chip fan, like myself, then you need to make these for several reasons.
First of all. Isn't it obvious?? 🙂
1. They are super adorable!!
2. You get your own mini bundt cake or 6 mini bundt cakes in total.
Pssst....Make sure you should at least get one mini cake to yourself. 🙂 That's just the rule.
3. Those mini chocolate chips get us every time. They tempt us so.
4. These delights have lots of mini chocolate chips suspended in delicious butter cake.
They are topped with chocolate, because, of course, we could always use more chocolate love. But, you can sub a lovely dusting of powdered sugar or drizzle a simple lovely cream glaze as well.
(Or, nothing at all works too.)
Your call, but we LOVE the sprinkles!
5. These are the perfect dessert when entertaining for a dinner party, parties in general and when you're looking for mini desserts with chocolate chips included. 🙂 Chocolate chips gets everyone's attention!
For my cake bundt molds I used thisNordic Ware Platinum Collection Anniversary Bundtlette Pan. The cakes came out easily out of the molds and looked beautiful. I also made these Orange Cream Glazed Pound Cakes and Mini Decadent Chocolate Ganache Bundt Cakes with it too.
Gearing up for healthy, game day desserts and Valentine's day recipes for you, but if you're obsessed with chocolate chips, make sure you check out 20 Chocolate Chip Heaven Desserts That Rock! and 25 Rockin’ Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes (that are Freaking Awesome).
Chocolate Chip Mini Bundt Cakes
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- 1 12 ounce bag Ghirardelli (R) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Chips, divided
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons Ghirardelli R Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Baking Chips and/or sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray six 1-cup mini fluted tube cake molds with nonstick cooking spray for baking.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl, using a mixer, beat softened butter on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Add in vanilla.
- Beat in flour mixture alternately with sour cream, beating on low after each addition just until moistened. Fold in 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Add the cake mixture to each mold. To make this easy, you can scoop the batter into a large ziplock bag and snip a hole on the end and pipe it into the molds equally.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the centers comes out clean. Remove and cool in a pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from molds. Cool completely.
- Melt the remaining baking chips with 3 tablespoons butter until smooth and glossy in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Spoon over cooled cakes or transfer cooled glaze mixture to a zip-top bag. Seal and snip one corner of the bag. Sprinkle tops with mini baking chips or sprinkles.
Recipe from Ghirardelli