Red Velvet Luv Truffles are so perfect for your special valentine (s) on Valentine’s Day. Aren’t they super cute? And who doesn’t love decadent, luscious truffles? Said, no one ever, right? They are stunning! Perfect for parties, giving away as treats, giving them to your family, friends and loved ones in your own personal packaging or tins.
This a great recipe to do with the kids, especially when it comes to rolling out those truffle balls. I always like that kind of help. You can decorate your truffles your own way of course. Choose any color of candy coating you want, especially if you want to really jazz ’em up and use your own sprinkles, cinnamon buttons or whatever tickles your fancy. You can be creative or simple. Either way, they will be gorgeous!
I wanted to add a personal touch to the top of the ‘luv’ truffle and I came up with these sweet, charming red chocolate hearts I made myself by just snipping a small corner of a ziplock bag and then melting some red chocolate candy wafers, added the melted chocolate inside the ziplock bag and piped small hearts onto some waxed paper. Let set until firm and then place on top.
Look at the red velvet cake lushness! Aren’t they just the sweetest? Here’s the recipe for your lover, loves and maybe someone new?
These Red Velvet Luv Truffles will definitely impress whoever you want to make an impression on. Happy Truffling!
- 1 9×13 pan of red velvet cake, baked and cooled
- 1 can (16 oz) prepared cream cheese frosting or 8 oz of cream cheese, softened
- 1 lb candy coating (white chocolate, dark chocolate, or both)
- Red Chocolate Hearts - 1/2 cup red candy chocolate wafers
- After cake has cooled, crumble cake into a large bowl, add cream cheese or frosting and using fingers, mix until the mixture is well combined.
- Using a small cookie scoop, or your hands, portion small balls of cake and roll between your palms until nicely rounded.
- Place cake balls on a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil.
- Place sheet in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat red candy chocolate wafers in the microwave until melted and place melted chocolate into a ziplock bag. Snip a small corner off and pipe small valentines onto parchment or tinfoil and let set.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, heat candy coating in the microwave until melted, stirring often to prevent overheating. If needed, add a small amount of butter or shortening to thin the candy coating to a more drippy consistency.
- To coat, rest a cake ball on a fork and spoon candy coating over top. Tap handle of fork on the edge of the bowl to allow excess coating to drip off.
- Place the dipped truffle on the foil-lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining cake balls.
- Refrigerate truffles to set coating completely, about 20 minutes.
- Store in a resealable container or plastic bag in the refrigerator, up to one week.
Looking for more Holiday Treats for Valentine’s Day? Check these out!