These Ultimate Kit Kat Cupcakes are double loaded with Kit Kat Bars and we made them super easy for you to make for your next party or celebration!
We frosted these fancy chocolate cupcakes (with chopped Kit Kats inside) with a peanut butter frosting and we can't forget the Kit Kat accessory bar on top with some chocolate sauce!
Kit Kat bars consist of two or four pieces composed of three layers of wafer, separated and covered by an outer layer of chocolate.
Each finger can be snapped from the bar separately. Ya know the song, Gimme a break, Gimme a break! Break me off a piece of that Kit Kat bar! So let's break it off and make some cupcakes!
How to Make Kit Kat Cupcakes
Seriously, so easy because we start out with a boxed cake mix + the ingredients that you need to make your cupcakes.
- We even used a sugar-free chocolate cake mix because I didn't have normal chocolate cake mix! But you can use gluten-free cake mix too or use your own favorite chocolate cake mix.
- If you want homemade - these Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes, these Perfect Hershey's Chocolate Cupcakes or this Super-Moist Chocolate Cake will do nicely as well.
- We chopped up Kit Kat bar chunks and put them in the cake batter. Add as many chunks as you want or leave them out completely.
As for the frosting, we went with the easiest shortcut peanut butter frosting! Peanut butter and chocolate are an unbeatable combination, so it seemed the obvious choice for our frosting is peanut butter. We made this frosting super simple 2 make with only 2 ingredients, unless you want to add in some crushed Kit Kats to your frosting.
- All you need is store-bought vanilla or chocolate frosting and creamy peanut butter. Mix it all together and that's it. How easy is that?
- Of course, there are other homemade frosting options! Butterfinger Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting can be used and switch out the Butterfinger bars with Kit Kat bars! Homemade Chocolate frosting would be amazing as well!
Finish them off with a big swirl of frosting on top of your cupcakes, then top with some chocolate sauce and a Kit Kat Bar section on top of each! Fancy, fancy there!
- Other Kit Kat options! You can also place some chunks under the frosting or crunch some up and put it in the frosting. The more the better, right? ha!
No matter what, we can all agree Kit Kat bars are super delish and we love them alone or all gussied up in desserts to show off their chocolate-covered wafer bar confection!
If you're a lover of Kit Kat bars, then you'll love this fun candy bar inspired treat for birthdays or family gathers that will impress all!
More Candy Inspired Goodies!
- Peanutty Candy Bars
- Candy Cookie Pie
- 3 Easy Candy Corn Treat Ideas
- M&M Marshmallow Bars
- 4 Holiday Chocolate Bark Recipes
- Fluffernutter Apple Nachos
- Reese's Peanut Butter Pretzel Pie
- 3 Easy Halloween Cupcake Ideas
Kit Kat Cupcakes
Chocolate Cupcakes (for homemade chocolate cake, see above in post)
- 1 box chocolate cake mix + ingredients (sugar-free gluten-free can also be used
- 1 ½ cups chopped Kit Kat bars
Easiest Peanut Butter Frosting (for homemade frosting, see above in post)
- 4 16 oz. tubs Vanilla Frosting Might be able to get away with 2 or 3 tubs, depends how much frosting you want. 1 tub frosting + ¼ cup peanut butter is the frosting recipe. (I used 4 tubs + 1 cup peanut butter for 24 cupcakes)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- Optional: Kit Kats crushed into crumbs
- Drizzles Chocolate Sauce I used Hershey's, can also use hot fudge or chocolate ganache
- Kit Kat Wedges
Kit Kat Cupcakes
- Preheat oven and make cupcake batter and add chopped Kit Kat bars. Bake according to cake mix directions. Let cupcakes cool.
Peanut Butter Frosting
- Using a mixer, mix together the vanilla frosting and peanut butter and place in pastry bag with large star tip for fancy swirl. (can also add in some crushed Kit Kats to frosting if you want to add more Kit Kat love!)
- Drizzle some chocolate sauce on top and place a Kit Kat wedge on top of each cupcake.
- Store covered at room temperature or refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Depending on how much frosting you want, per each tub of frosting add ¼ cup peanut butter. I used 4 tubs for 24 cupcakes.