This Chocolate Kahlua & Cream Bundt Cake is the most ultimate moist chocolate Kahlua bundt cake with a Kahlua cream glaze drizzled on top! Yum, right?
Kahlua and Cream on the rocks please! O wait!! Can I get that in a bundt cake instead? It just so happens...YES, Yes I can! When you bring chocolate and coffee together, it's amazing! But when you add Kahlua coffee liqueur to the cake batter and glaze, it's pretty magical!
There's not enough Kahlua in this cake to get a buzz, even if you ate the whole thing. However, if you ate the whole thing in one sitting, you may have a 'chocolate overload' hangover instead.
This chocolate Kahlua cake does not require glaze, because it is so very, very rich and moist, but we're going all in with the Kahlua in the cake and the glaze.
Who else is excited about incorporating and infusing popular liqueurs into our favorite baked goodies? It's fun to taste those subtle undertones of the liqueur that just gives it that extra exotic twist of flavor. Kahlua is a very popular coffee liqueur made out of sugarcane rum and 100% Arabica Coffee. It's very rich and distinct in flavor.
It's super yummy in coffee, Kahlua and creams and Mind Erasers. Watch out for those Mind Erasers. Talk about hangover and a half, they are dangerous! I'll just stick to this cake and coffee for now. 😉
I am in love with this Home-made Chocolate Kahlua & Cream Bundt Cake! It's a gorgeous dessert for any kind of special occasion and who doesn't get excited for a dessert with booze in it!? It's fun! I hope you enjoy it! Happy Baking and here's the recipe!
Liquor Based Desserts Anyone?
- Kahlua Cheesecake Snickers Brownies
- Chillin’ Kahlua & Cream Milkshake
- Ultimate Baileys Chocolate Cream Pie
- RumChata Glazed Baked Pumpkin Donuts
- Strawberry RumChata Shake
- RumChata Carrot Cake Banana Bread
Chocolate Kahlua & Cream Bundt Cake
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1-¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup Kahlua or strong brewed coffee
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-4 tablespoons milk or 2 tablespoons Kahlua + 2 tablespoons milk
- Dust with1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt and baking powder, mix with whisk.
- Add the eggs, kahlua or coffee, buttermilk, oil and vanilla and using mixer, beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Do not overbeat, batter will be thin.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. (I used unsweetened cocoa powder for flour substitute, light dust with flour). Baker's Joy is also great to use.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes, then remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Using a mixer, in a medium sized bowl, beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Add enough milk to make a thick glaze (thin enough to pour but thick enough not to run off the cake). Pour the glaze around the top of the cake, encouraging it over the sides with a spoon as needed.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar.