Heavenly, rich, creamy peanut butter and chocolate gooey deliciousness in a fudge brownie. These Rich 'n Gooey Buckeye Bars are Trouble! No one can resist! 🙂
Buckeyes! Growing up in Bourbon, Indiana, believe it or not, we had a big ole' buckeye tree! True story! My sisters and I would make necklaces out of them, have buckeye fights, pile them up, spell with them, rake them and stomp on them.
There were lots of those little buckeye nuts in our yard, luckily we didn't eat them. Found out they are poisonous after the fact, so I guess it is a really good thing we didn't try eating them, being crazy kids and all! We wouldn't have these Rich 'n Gooey Buckeye Bars!
Back in those care-free days, in the tweener and teenager years, seems like I was always stuffing my face morning, noon, after school, dinner, after dinner and even the late hours. But, strangely, we never ate buckeyes (no...not the real buckeyes) but, as in the candy "Buckeyes".
"Buckeyes" are peanut butter candy cream rolled into balls and then dipped into melted chocolate, leaving a 1-inch round circle of peanut butter visible on the top. Buckeye candies were created to replicate the nuts from Ohio's state tree, the Buckeye tree.
I never officially had "buckeyes" until I was in my twenties. (I guess I was care-free & sheltered.) And when that moment happened...it was instant! It was definitely love at first bite!
*Heavenly, rich, creamy peanut butter and chocolate deliciousness!*
Another love ----> I love brownies!! In fact, the gooier, the better, and these Rich n' Gooey Buckeye Brownies are so rich and ooey-gooey, they literally melt in your mouth!
One of my guinea pig friends, (and I have many!) said his mouth had multiple orgasms. (I did not make this up! LOL!) So, if you are desiring, 'I'll have what he's having', here's the recipe! Happy Baking and Enjoy!!
Craving More Fudgy Desserts?
Rich 'n Gooey Buckeye Bars
- 1 boxed Fudge Brownie mix
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup cooking oil or coconut oil
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 cup Reese's Peanut Butter Chips
- 1 cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- ½ cup Salted Peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x9 baking pan with non-stick spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine brownie mix, eggs, and oil and use electric mixer on medium speed until combined.
- Set aside half of the brownie mixture and spread the remaining brownie mixture evenly into baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter until smooth. Pour and spread on top of brownie mixture in pan evenly.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop small bits of the remaining brownie mixture and place randomly on top of the peanut butter mixture and press them down lightly using the bottom of the spoon into the peanut butter mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until top is set and edges are lightly browned.
- Place brownies on baking rack.
- About 5 - 10 minutes after taking brownies out of oven, sprinkle ¾ cup of the Reese's Peanut Chips and ¾ cup of the Milk Chocolate Chips on top of the buckeye brownies while they are still hot and let them sit. In a few minutes, go back and spread the melted chips evenly.
- In another 20 minutes, sprinkle the rest of the chips and salted peanuts on top of the melted chocolate and cool completely. Cut into bars. Makes 20 - 25 bars.