Here's an easy, Fall dessert that will get everyone's attention, guaranteed! Easy Caramel Apple Puff Pastry Galette is amazing and super yummy! It's super delicious puff pastry with caramel and tender apples flavored with roasted cinnamon inside. We added some salted caramel sauce and ice cream on top for a real treat while it was still warm!!
Have you ever had a galette? It's time if you haven't!
"Galette" is French term for a free-form rustic tart. The puff pastry is rolled out, the apple filling put in, and the edge is folded over all the way around to create...voila! One of the best desserts you could ever imagine. They are popular this year and this pastry is a beloved tradition that traces its roots back to the Roman Empire.
The best part about galettes is that they are quick and easy.
Seriously, I love recipes that are quick and easy. Does it look like I took hours to make this? Yup...How did I do this?
I used frozen puff pastry! (I didn't actually make it!) That's why this is easy! YAY! *feeling smuggish* 🙂
By using the puff pastry, this galette tastes just like an apple strudel! Add a scoop of ice cream...ahhh! I'm tellin' ya...caramel sauce too! Where have you been all my life??
How to make this Easy Caramel Apple Puff Pastry Galette
All you do is let the pastry thaw out and while it's still cold, roll it out a little with a rolling pin. Then in the middle of the dough, add your aromatic apple mixture of thinly sliced apples, chopped pecans, roasted cinnamon, brown sugar, sugar and a little flour to caramelize all together.
Bring the puff pastry dough up over the apple mixture to form an edge to hold the apples in.
To get that golden brown color, just brush the dough with a well mixed egg mixture, then bake 35-40 minutes.
Add some drizzles of caramel sauce and get ready to devour! You WILL devour. Really! How could you resist?
Oh!! I added a big ole scoop of ice cream with some more caramel sauce to take it to the next level, 'cuz that's the way I roll.
For more Apple-ish Desserts, May I Suggest
Easy Caramel Apple Puff Pastry Galette
- ½ lb frozen butter puff pastry thawed
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon roasted cinnamon or regular cinnamon
- 2-3 large apples peeled and thinly sliced, firm apple like Granny Smiths or Galas
- ⅓ cup pecans chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Caramel sauce
- Additional pecans chopped
- Ice cream optional
- Preheat oven 375° F.
- Line cookie sheet with baking parchment paper.
- Roll puff pastry out into a 10" square and put on cookie sheet.
- Add 1 tablespoon sugar, ⅓ cup brown sugar, lemon juice, flour, chopped pecans and cinnamon to the apple slices and mix gently.
- Pile the apple filling in the center of the puff pastry leaving 2" around the edge free.
- Pull up the outside edge of the pastry, over the outer edge of the apples, leaving the center part uncovered, folding the pastry as needed and pinching together gatherings of pastry.
- Beat the egg. Brush it on the pastry. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, until the apples are soft and the pastry is golden.
- Serve warm or cold. Serves 4-6.
- Add drizzles of caramel over the top, a scoop of ice cream, and more chopped pecans to your hearts desire.