Who is infatuated with "chocolate chip anything'?
I even have a pinterest board "Chocolate Chip Anything!"
I'm a chocoholic...it's what I do!
I pin Chocolate. I dream Chocolate. I eat Chocolate.
I wish I had stock in the chocolate chip business. 🙂 Wouldn't that be wonderful?
Anyways, that is not so, but I can dream can't I? If you are a chocolate chip & pumpkin freak like me, you might also like my Healthy Mini Pumpkin Oat Chocolate Chip Muffins or my Soft Batch Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies.
These lovely pumpkin blondies will make you want to jump for joy, chocolate chips and frosting included!
Here's the recipe! Happy Baking and Frosting! 🙂
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Frosted Blondies
- 2 ⅓ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Butter
- ¾ cup granulated Sugar
- ¾ cup light or dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 ½ cups Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- 2 cups Chocolate Chips
- ¾ cup Butter 12 Tbsp, room temperature
- ½ cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips melted and cooled
- 1 ½ cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13x9 inch pan with non-stick spray and line with parchment paper or tin foil.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- Using mixer, cream the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg, pumpkin and vanilla and mix together well.
- Using mixer on low, slowly add in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Don't overmix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips until well distributed evenly.
- Pour the batter into the lined baking pan and smooth until even.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let blondies cool completely before frosting.
For Chocolate Frosting
- Melt chocolate and set aside to cool.
- Using mixer, whip the butter until smooth, then beat in the cooled, melted chocolate.
- Add in the vanilla and slowly sprinkle in the powdered sugar. Beat until fluffy and light.
- Frost, cut and serve!