Talk about dreamy! Oh my Goodness…
I’ve been dreaming about french toast for some time now and since everything involves the “great pumpkin extravaganza” for these next few months, seriously, why not make some Dreamy Pumpkin French Toast?
You would think I was starving, the way I was scarfing this down after I prepared it and took pictures.
Thank goodness no one was watching me!
I inhaled it, it was that good!
Obviously, by that last comment, the combination of the pumpkin added to the french toast custard batter definitely is *winning*!!
It’s decadent, yet simple…Where most recipes are flavored with cinnamon, when adding your pumpkin spice blend, along with pumpkin purée to the custard base, this makes your french toast taste like you’re eating pumpkin pie for breakfast! Can you handle that?
Drizzle your pumpkin french toast with a little maple syrup or powdered sugar and you’re sure to fall in love with melt-in-your-mouth happiness. *Pinky Swear*
Dreamy Pumpkin French Toast!
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or maple extract
- 8 slices of French day old bread, Challah or Brioche bread
- Heat a lightly oiled skillet or griddle and turn to medium heat.
- Whisk eggs, whipping cream, pumpkin, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract together in a bowl.
- Soak one slice of bread at a time in the pumpkin custard mixture, then place on griddle.
- Repeat with the rest of the bread.
- Cook the bread until golden brown, approximately 3 minutes on each side.
- Top the french toast off with maple syrup or powdered sugar, then give it a dollop of whipped cream and some spinkles of cinnamon.
- Inhale! 🙂