If I die, let it be by these alluring and sinfully delicious Death By Chocolate Bars! Smother me, bury me, drown me and stuff me with these chocolate explosions of love bars!
Is there any way to die from pleasure? ....Well, BESIDES THAT??!! I'll let your mind roam on that one. 🙂
This post contains affiliate links, please see my Non-Disclosure Policy for more information. I share products I love that I've had success with, on to you and if you choose to buy, I make a small commission. 🙂
Truly, these Death By Chocolate Bars are loaded with 5 kinds of Chocolate and there's a short cut to making these bars! They are made with a Devil's Cake Mix and another surprise. You'll see...
Pretty sure I just died and went to Chocolate Heaven!!
- Dark Chocolate (My favorite!)
- Milk Chocolate
- White Chocolate
- Devil's Food Chocolate
- Chocolate Extract
(Have you ever heard of Chocolate Extract? <---That's my 2nd Chocolate secret weapon!) If you are looking to add that extra chocolate flavor to your baked goods, Chocolate Extract adds a super-nice depth of flavor and it's really wonderful in cookies, cakes and brownies when you want to vamp up the flavor!!
That is 5 kinds of decadent chocolate in these chewy, dense cake-cookie-brownie bars. Umm...if that doesn't scream Chocolate, I don't know what does! If you want to see a lot of Chocolate Heaven, go here.
Seriously, you really have to make these bad-asses! Yes, I said "bad-asses"!
They are thick, moist and soft. So perfect with a big glass of milk, don't you think?
Another cake batter cookie is my Reese's & Milk Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars using a yellow cake mix. How easy are these to make? I love it!
'Chocolate' is the universal language!
Death By Chocolate
Muerte por el chocolate
Morte da cioccolato
död av choklad
"I'm in a Chocolate 'coma' right now!!" Don't wake me, but here's the recipe!!
Death By Chocolate Bars
- 1 box devil's food cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons almond milk, or milk, cream
- ½ cup milk chocolate bars, chopped
- ½ cup dark chocolate bars, chopped
- ½ cup white chopped bars, chocolate
- *Extra chocolate chunks for top of cookie bars for great looking bars
- ½ cup milk chocolate for drizzle
- 1 tbsp chocolate extract optional
- Prepare a 9x9 pan by spraying with a nonstick spray.
- Mix cake mix and wet ingredients just until combined.
- Add all 3 kinds of chocolate chunks to batter, (except for whatever you want to sprinkle on top to get a chunky design) and fold the rest into the batter.
- Pour batter into the pan and smooth out with an angled spatula that has been sprayed with a non-stick spray or use waxed paper to press down into pan.
- Spinkle the remainder of the rest of the chopped chocolate on the top of the bars.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely on cooling rack before cutting.Melt ¼ to ½ cup chopped milk chocolate in microwave in 30 second increments stirring in between each increment until melted and drizzle on top of brownies.
Putting foil in a pan and spraying with a non-stick spray is a technique you can use for less mess when making brownies or bars. It's easy to lift out of the pan onto the cooling rack.
For thinner bars, use a 9x13 pan.
Want them even more extreme and fudgier? Add in ¼ cup of hot fudge sauce to the cake mix and frost with your favorite chocolate frosting or glaze. I used Chocoleur Bars from Aldi for my chocolate. Use good quality chocolate. 🙂