OMG! These chocolate drop cookies are just what you need when you want chocolate! These cookies are dreamy! Wait until you taste soft, fudgy chocolate cake-like cookies, loaded with rich chocolate chips with a luscious chocolate mocha frosting that is to die for! These drop cookies just melt in your mouth! With or without the frosting! (just letting you know!)
But that mocha frosting, oh my gawd! That smooth, creamy, decadent chocolate mocha frosting just takes these cookies to the next level! You can substitute milk for the coffee, if you can't have it or simply just don't like the taste.
A Chocolate-ing we go!
Chocolate is my sanctuary, my holy place, my retreat. And would you believe it? I definitely found me some delicious 'retreat time' with these Ultimate Soft Chocolate Drop Cookies.
These are one of my favorite cookies over Christmas. One of my friends at work brought some of these cookies into work. They had peppermint frosting and they were such amazing chocolate flavor! After talking a bit, he told me it was his grandma's recipe. These taste a lot like hers did, which was what I was going for, except I went for the chocolate frosting version!
These Ultimate Soft Chocolate Drop Cookies are so good and I cannot wait to make these again. Like tomorrow! 🙂
Perfect for Christmas gifting or when you're craving chocolate! Enjoy!
More Delectable Soft Drop Cookies!
Ultimate Soft Chocolate Drop Cookies
- ½ cup butter softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or vanilla extract
- ½ cup baking cocoa
- 1 ¾ cups + 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- ¼ cup baking cocoa
- ¼ cup butter softened
- ¼ cup hot strong brewed coffee or milk
- ¾ teaspoon maple syrup or vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, milk and vanilla.
- Beat in chocolate until blended.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt and slowly add to wet mixture and mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by large tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees or until set.
- Cool on pans for 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat the frosting ingredients until smooth.
- Frost cookies and let set out until frosting has firmed up.
- Place in sealed plastic container.