A Chocolate-ing we go! I swear I never get tired of Chocolate. Chocolate is my sanctuary, my holy place, my retreat. And would you believe? I definitely found me some delicious 'sanctuary' with these Ultimate Soft Chocolate Drop Cookies.
OMG! It's like biting into a fudgy, soft chocolate cake-like cookie, loaded with rich chocolate chips and an enticing, luscious chocolate mocha frosting to die for!
These were one of my favorite cookies over Christmas. One of my friends at work brought some in with some with peppermint frosting and I found out, it was his grandma's recipe. And these were very much like hers which is exactly what I was hoping for.
I don't know, but these remind me of chocolate velvet, because they taste so soft and moist. These drop cookies just melt in your mouth, with or without the frosting. (just letting you know!)
Love decadent chocolate desserts? You might love these!
But that frosting, oh my gawd...That smooth, creamy, decadent chocolate mocha frosting is such a perfect touch of flavor. You can substitute milk for the coffee, if you can't have it or simply just don't like the taste.
These Ultimate Soft Chocolate Drop Cookies are so good and I cannot wait to make these again. Here's the recipe!
Ultimate Soft Chocolate Drop Cookies
- ½ cup butter softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or vanilla extract
- ½ cup baking cocoa
- 1 ¾ cups + 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- ¼ cup baking cocoa
- ¼ cup butter softened
- ¼ cup hot strong brewed coffee or milk
- ¾ teaspoon maple syrup or vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, milk and vanilla.
- Beat in chocolate until blended.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt and slowly add to wet mixture and mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by large tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees or until set.
- Cool on pans for 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat the frosting ingredients until smooth.
- Frost cookies and let set out until frosting has firmed up.
- Place in sealed plastic container.