They were a big hit this past weekend. I whipped these for the kiddos, but the adults enjoyed them just as much, if not more!
They are so festive and fun for any kind of family gathering, Halloween party, school function or just because, because Rice Krispies are acceptable any time of the year. That's how they roll!
You can decorate with them for parties, gift them, share them and of course the best part, eating them!
How to make Spooky Mummy Rice Krispie Treats!
Make the rice krispies and cut them into rectangular shapes!
Option: You can place a lollipop stick in each of the rice krispies end of the rectangle or leave them as is.
Melt the white chocolate and frost them with some melted white chocolate and then take the remainder of the white chocolate and transfer the white chocolate to a piping bag with a round tip. You can also use a zip-lock bag and snip a hole in one of the corners.
Pipe the white chocolate on top of the frosted rice krispies in a zig zag direction back and forth.
Add mummy eyes and let the the chocolate harden.
More Halloween Treats!
Spooky Mummy Rice Krispie Treats
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 10 oz. package marshmallows + 1 cup extra to throw in for even more marshmallowey gooey-ness!
- 5 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 12 oz. bag Wilton White Candy Melts
- Eyeballs of choice
- Optional Lollipop sticks
- Prepare a 9 x 13 inch pan with non-stick spray or butter.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.
- Melt the marshmallows into the butter, stirring frequently.
- Add the cereal when the marshmallows have melted and stir until cereal is coated.
- Quickly pour into the prepared pan.
- Use a sheet of waxed paper to press the mixture down flat and evenly into the pan.
- Let set for 2 to 3 hours. (Refrigerator method speeds it up if you put them in for 20-30 minutes)
- Cut into rectangles or squares.
- Melt ¾ of the white chocolate in microwave for 30 seconds and stir and put back in microwave another 30 seconds and stir.
- Dip or frost the chocolate onto the rice krispies.
- Melt rest of white chocolate and spoon into a pastry bag or baggie and cut a small hole in the corner and pipe chocolate back and forth on all of the rice krispie rectangles.
- Add eyeballs as you go.
- Add lollipop sticks after the chocolate has hardened.