Who's ready to have some fun and delicious Nutella Stuffed Churro Donut Poppers to celebrate Cinco de Mayo? Stuffed full with rich, Nutella hazelnut spread, these tender, sweet baked vanilla donuts are dipped in melted butter, then dipped in a cinnamon-sugar mixture and they are to freaking awesome!
We love Mexican food and celebrating! I think, so I've got your back for a super awesome recipe idea for breakfast or an for after dinner sweet treat. These Nutella Churro Donut Poppers melt in your mouth, literally! Pure bliss...xoxo.
How can anyone resist Mini churro donuts stuffed with Nutella? These tempting treats will have you poppin' these little lovelies right and left. Sooo yummy!
These Nutella Stuffed Churro Donut Poppers are home-made, and fairly very easy to make and totally, totally worth the effort. The hardest part, would be licking the Nutella and cinnamon-sugar off of your finger tips in the process. but that's all good right??
Enjoy your Cinco de Mayo! And to celebrate on a real party level, you might want to make these yummy Strawberry Lime Margarita Jell-O Shots! Now...Here's the recipe for Nutella Stuffed Churro Donut Poppers!
Looking for more Cinnamon Delights?
- Overnight Cinnamon French Toast Bake
- Apple Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake
- Cinnamon Swirl Streusel Coffee Cake for the Weekends! (9x13 Pan)
- 'Awesome' Cinnamon Applesauce Cake
- Country Cinnamon Swirl Buttermilk Loaf
Nutella Churro Donut Poppers
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar of choice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup low fat milk or almond milk
- ⅓ cup Nutella melted
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- ⅓ cup sugar of choice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 176C | 350F. Spray a 24-count mini muffin tray with cooking oil spray; wipe over excess with paper towel and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk all of the dry ingredients together.
- Make a well in the center and add the oil, egg, vanilla and milk.
- Whisk the batter until smooth and lump free.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or spoon 2 tablespoons into each muffin tin, filling to to ¾ full. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until they are golden in color and a toothpick inserted into the center of a donut comes out clean.
- Allow them to cool for 5 minutes and transfer them onto a cooling rack.
- Brush each donut over with a light coating of melted butter; combine the sugar and cinnamon together in a shallow bowl; toss each donut hole into the cinnamon sugar mix until evenly coated.
- Fill a piping bag with the Nutella.
- Using a a narrow nozzle, fill each donut with Nutella until they puff up and expand.