Chocolate Chip & Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cake is hearty and delicious! This coffee cake is loaded with chocolate and peanut butter chips and peanut butter drizzle! YUM!! Somebody stop me! NO...don't! 🙂
Sometimes you just want something fast, simple and tastes freaking awesome any time of the day! Ya know what I mean? Now this takes some time in the oven, but to put it together, it doesn't take long at all - 15 minutes!
Can we talk? I think all I really need to say is 'Chocolate and Peanut Butter'.
'Oatmeal Cake' on the end of 'Chocolate and Peanut Butter' sounds pretty yummy too! The aroma of the cake permeating in the house..."Um...Can we talk?" Is anyone familiar with SNL "Coffee Talk"? Because I'm saying this "Um...Can we Talk" like she would. Yea...I'm a little warped, but I couldn't resist.
Popular back in the 90's, Myers plays a stereotypical Jewish middle-aged woman named Linda Richman with an exaggerated New York accent who sports long, painted fake nails; lots of gold jewelry; gaudy sweaters; large dark glasses; and big hair, which she constantly adjusts. This character was a spoof on his real-life mother-in-law, Linda Richman. (pretty much quoted directly from Wikipedia.)
Besides, "Can we talk?", her other popular phrases included "I'm a little verklempt" (emotional) and "Talk amongst yourselves"! Classic! It's a scream. I love Mike Meyers, he's hilarious! You can always check it out on YouTube.
Anyways, I'm a little verklempt over this Chocolate Chip & Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cake! My next new bff! 😉 This is what you call a yummy snackin' cake. Snack in the morning, snack in the afternoon, snack in the evening....see where I'm going with this? "Can we talk?" You have to say it with that New York accent! Ha!
And I leave you with "Talk amongst yourselves" in between your cake breaks by using this cool coffee cup!. 🙂
Other Coffee Cakes Out There That Rock My World!
- Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake
- The World's Best Chocolate Oatmeal Cake via Pinch of Yum
- Apple Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake
- Lazy Daisy Oatmeal Cake via The Southern Lady Cooks
- Apple Cinnamon Coffee Cake - Keto | Sugar Free Option too!
- Apple and Banana Oatmeal Cake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting via All About Food
- Sour Cherry Cobbler Coffee Cake
- Cinnamon Swirl Streusel Coffee Cake for the Weekends! (9x13 Pan)
Chocolate Chip and Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cake
- 1 ¾ cups boiling water
- 1 ½ cups whole or 1 minute oats reserve ½ cup for topping, divided
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup butter
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 ¾ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup mini chocolate chips reserve ¼ cup for topping, divided
- ¾ cup mini peanut butter chips reserve ¼ cup for topping, divided
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped to bits
- ⅓ to ½ cup peanut butter for topping
- Preheat a 350 degree oven and prepare either a 13x9 pan or large 10-11″ springform pan by spraying with non-stick spray.
- Boil water and pour in 1 cup of oatmeal. Cut the butter into large chunks and add them to the hot water/oatmeal mixture and let sit 10 minutes.
- Stir oatmeal mixture together; then add in the sugars and honey and combine well. Add in the lightly beaten eggs and stir immediately, so the eggs don't cook in the warm mixture.
- Add and mix in the flour, baking powder and salt and mix until just incorporated.
- Fold in ¾ cup of the mini chocolate chips.
- Spoon the mixture into prepared pan and sprinkle the remaining ½ cup oatmeal over the batter, followed by the walnuts or pecans and the remaining ¼ cup mini chocolate chips and peanut butter chips.
- Transfer cake to oven and let bake 30-40 mins for 13"x9" or 45-55 mins for 10" cake pan until the cake is firm to the touch.
- Serve warm and melt peanut butter in microwave 20-30 seconds or until melted and drizzle over cake. You can also wait until cake is cooled and add peanut butter drizzle.