Hippety, Hop, Hop! Hippety, Hop, Hop….give yourself a peep at these pretty little Hoppin’ Whopper Bars!
These bars are seriously, whoppin’ good. Hubby ate most of them. I thought I would let you know that before you jumped to any conclusions that I ate most of them, which is usually a pretty good conclusion, if you did actually come up with that conclusion…you might know me pretty well. LOL! So many conclusions…who has time? I just want to bake some more of these up.
I love the fact that these bars cut so pretty. That’s usually not an option if someone gets to them before me…I’m OCD like that. Ahhh! These are the perfect sweet treat for Easter time. And if you have Whoppers candy left over from the Easter Bunny, ta-da!! Recipe on demand right here for you!
Here’s the recipe! Hop to it and enjoy these scrumptious bars. Yum!
Hoppin' Whopper Bars
- 2 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups packed brown sugar or dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup of Whoppers coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup of Speckled Egg Whoppers coarsely chopped
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- Optional: 2 tablespoons malted milk powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Spray a 9"x13" pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, add flour, baking powder, salt and malted milk powder and whisk together.
- Using a mixer,beat butter and sugar on medium until mixed well. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- On low speed, gradually add in the flour mixture and mix until incorporated.
- Fold in the coarsely chopped Whoppers, Whopper eggs and chocolate chips using a large spoon until the whoppers and chocolate chips are well distributed in the very thick batter.
- Transfer batter into the baking pan and press evenly into the pan.
- Bake 25-30 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let bars cool for at least 20 minutes, cut and serve warm or room temperature.