Don't make fun of my BIG SPOONFULS, because you'll end up doing the BIG SPOONFULS, too. I'll watch and say..."Told ya so". And then, you won't share. Whoa....wait! I don't like where this is going, like this Easy Homemade Apple Crisp Recipe!
GF Maple Cinnamon Apple Crisp is super duper and beyond yummy! Oh, AND Gluten Free too, or not. (I'll leave that up to you!) I LOVE gluten-free desserts, when they taste so delicious, that you find yourself saying..."Ugh, noooo waaaaeeey this is gluten free!!" in a funny, Australian voice. Yup, you know the one. "Ugh, noooo waaaaeeey!"
Anywhoo, it's so heavenly good, especially after it's been out of the oven for a good 10-15 minutes, so serve it up! And to take it the next level of heaven, a huge ole' scoop of ice cream on top, is like, *now we're talking*! O yea!
Seriously, you will absolutely love this and it is pretty healthy too! (Just throwing that out there!) Double the recipe to bake in a 13x9 pan for larger gatherings.
Simply easy and you'll devour this Beyond Yummy GF Maple Cinnamon Apple Crisp, like it's not... (We had this conversation above, remember? It doesn't taste GF..."Ugh, noooo waaaaeeey!) Hope you enjoy, here's the recipe! 🙂
How about them apples? Want some more ideas?
- Easy Gooey Caramel Apple Monkey Pull Apart Bread
- Milky Way Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- Apple Spice Snack Cake
- Dutch Apple Pie with Oatmeal Streusel
- 4 Amazing Apple Coffee Cakes
- Apple Cinnamon Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars
Beyond Yummy GF Maple Cinnamon Apple Crisp
- 4 large Granny Smith Apples or pick your poison!, peeled, cored and sliced
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar packed, optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Yummy Oat Topping
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup Better Batter GF Flour Or a really good GF Flour
- ¾ cup old-fashioned GF rolled oats or regular
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- ⅓ cup butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray a 9" baking pan and set aside.
- In a large ziplock bag or bowl, mix all of the apple filling ingredients together well, until the apples are evenly coated.
- Pour apples into the baking pan, getting all those yummy drippings and set aside!
Yummy Oat Topping
- In a small bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, rolled oats, GF Flour. cinnamon and salt together, getting rid of all the big lumps.
- Add in the melted butter and stir until well combined.
- Sprinkle the oat topping over the apple mixture and bake 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Cover leftovers and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.