Are you ready to dig into some no-bake “White Chocolate Cherry Vanilla Cheesecake”?
Well….Duh!! <– That is so 90’s right? 🙂
Well before you dig in, I’ve got some “ChocolaTess Trivia” for you!!!
Do you know where cheesecake originated from?
*Hint* It’s older than you think!
Answer: The origin of the cake is believed to have originated in ancient Greece. The first recorded mention of cheesecake, as being served to the athletes during the first Olympic Games held in 776 BC., because it was considered to be a good source of energy. The recipe consisted of crushed cheese, wheat flour and one egg. Greek brides and grooms were also known to use cheesecake as a wedding cake.
Every region of the world also has its own view how to make the best cheesecake. Italians use ricotta cheese, Greeks use mizithra or feta. Germans like to use cottage cheese, while the Japanese use a combo of cornstarch and egg whites. I’m sure I would like them all!
Also, in the real world, I don’t know too many people that turn down cheesecake. No matter how you slice it, cheesecake is truly a dessert that has stood the test of time. Now let’s dig in this White Chocolate Cherry Vanilla Cheesecake! 🙂
Hope you enjoy! Here’s the recipe!
- Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 1/2 cups graham crackers, crushed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, cut up in small pieces
- 1/3 cup powered sugar
- 1 tablespoons vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 2 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed or 2 cups fresh whipped cream
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- Some extra graham cracker crust crumbles
- 1/4 cup Macadamia nuts, chopped
- Graham Cracker Crust
- Crush the graham crackers and mix with melted butter and sugar.
- When combined, press mixture into the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9” pie pan or spring-form pan.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Melt the chocolate chips slowly in microwave, stirring often until smooth.
- Stir in cream cheese right away until smooth using a whisk or mixer. (Microwave another 15-20 seconds if you need to get it melted into chocolate.) Add in powdered sugar and vanilla (extract or paste) and beat until fully incorporated.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Pour half of the white chocolate/cream cheese filling into the pan.
- Spoon between 1/3 to 1/2 of the of the cherry filling on top of the filling and spread out a little bit.
- Add the rest of the white chocolate/cream cheese filling and spread out.
- Add the rest of the cherries and spread and swirl them around.
- Optional: Sprinkle with topping of graham cracker crumbles and macadamia nuts.
- Cover and chill until set (about 4-5 hours).
If you love cherry desserts, you would like this Chocolate Cherry Oreo Dessert, and these Rustic Cherry Streusel Crescent Pies!