Do we have a lot of zucchini lovers? I can take it or leave it honestly, but to eat it, it has to be prepared in a really good way.
Put that green, healthy stuff grated up and baked in with some muffins, bread or cake, now "we're talkin" and I become a happy camper.
I even get more excited when it's added in fudgy, chocolate muffins that fill the whole house up with that awesome baking aroma. *yum*
So...I couldn't help it, I had to sample one immediately. It's like they popped right out of the oven and into my my mouth. Magic, right?
I suck! Just face it! ....I have no will power...I am weak...I mean it's chocolate! Anything goes with chocolate!
But...The best part of the zucchini muffin success is, my hubby ate two of them when he got home from work and had NO idea there was zucchini "in them thar' muffins". *SCORE* 🙂
I outsmarted him once again, but I didn't tell him the muffins had zucchini in them, just yet.
I waited it out for the next day, and finally spilled the beans, only after he told someone how awesome the muffins were. You should have seen the look on his face. Priceless. ) Loved it!
Make these puppies, no one will ever know they have zucchini in them, unless you want them to know. Such a fudgy, moist and healthy muffin, you will love them.
Great for a snack or if you have a sweet tooth after a meal, here's the recipe to take care of those cravings.
Here's the recipe! Keep on Bakin' on!
Fudgy Dark Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins
- 2-⅓ cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 3 cups grated zucchini
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together eggs, Greek yogurt, vanilla and zucchini.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into 24 muffin cups or 2 medium-sized, greased and floured loaf pans.
- Bake for 25 minutes for muffins or 50-55 minutes for loafs.
- Do the toothpick test, if it comes out clean, it's ready.
- Loaf Pans - Let it cool on a rack for 5-10 minutes and then remove from pans.
If you want to, you can substitute 1 cup oil for Greek yogurt.
Substitute any flavor of chocolate chips you want.