I love it when I can fool people. By people? I mean, my family. I, for one, don't mind zucchini in food, but I don't like it raw either. But these Cream Cheese Frosted Chocolate Fudge Zucchini Cupcakes performed the most wonderous, magical disappearing act at our house! Disguised zucchini in chocolate muffins topped with a delicious cream cheese frosting! LOL! The family was part of the show and they had no clue!
I'm so clever. Muhahaha!
There's actually 2 cups of zucchini in these chocolate cupcakes, that normally wouldn't be there, on a normal baking spree. You're welcome fam! If you're fascinated with Zucchini, check out 12 Health and Nutrition Benefits of Zucchini!
Have you ever snuck in healthy fruits or vegetables into food and laughed about it later, after the fact?
Like me? 🙂 ahem* It doesn't take much to amuse myself, but this one takes the cake!
Cream Cheese Frosted Chocolate Zucchini Cupcakes that is!! They are so moist and delicious! Of course the cream cheese frosting takes them to another level. Who doesn't love that?
Zucchini in your garden waiting to be used? You might like these!
Here's the recipe! Enjoy that zucchini that you'll never taste!
Cream Cheese Frosted Chocolate Zucchini Cupcakes
- 2 cups zucchini shredded
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 8- oz packages cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup or 1 stick butter room temperature
- 2 ¾ cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line twenty-four muffin cups with liners and lightly coat with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together zucchini, eggs, sugar, oil, and vanilla.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, baking powder and stir until combined.
- Using a large ice cream scoop, scoop batter into prepared pans, filling cups about half full.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near centers comes out clean.
- Cool in muffin pan on wire racks for 5 minutes.
- Remove muffins from muffin pan and cool completely on racks.
- After cupcakes have cooled, make the Cream Cheese Frosting.
- In large bowl, using a mixer, beat together the cream cheese and butter until creamy.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Continue beating until smooth and creamy. Frosts 20 - 24 cupcakes.