Yum! Fluffy ‘Greek Yogurt’ Buttermilk Blueberry Pancakes!
These fluffy lovelies are dedicated to my dear friend & BFF, Sarah.
It’s standard protocol, when Sarah happens to get a girls night out on the town, which is not very often, she likes to unwind like most of us do right?
Mind you, she’s crazy busy! She’s got 3 kids, a hubby, a dog, a full time job and is also attending school to get her masters, among trying to rule the world. So yea…it’s nice to unwind once in a while, right? She’s fierce, devoted to her family and one of the funniest ladies I know. She’s one of my heroes! Luv your face Sarah!
So with that being said, at some point of the evening, after the alchohol has done it’s damage, it’s guaranteed there will be the start of random texts, and it’s jumbled up texts that you have to decipher, which after deciphered is this, ‘Make me some blueberry pancakes, B*tch!‘ (I am pretty sure this came from a movie or some funny story she came up with where she got this phrase from, but it has stuck for many years and we get a big kick out of it, when it happens.) Crazy-iness!!
So, Sarah? These fluffy blueberry pancakes are for you my dear! I love you! 🙂 And they were excellent!! You’re welcome!
So, a little ditty about these pancakes! There are two ingredients that make these pancakes so fluffy and light. I love using Greek yogurt in anything I can when I am preparing food. It helps to thicken up the batter, which leaves you with the lightest, fluffiest pancakes.
The other ingredient buttermilk adds richness and tanginess and it is slightly acidic, so when it’s mixed with baking powder, the pancakes rise and don’t break down. The result is a tender, fluffy pancake that melts in your mouth. O Hello?! Yes, blueberry pancake, you ARE talking to me and I’m eating you up B*tch!
Here’s the recipe!! Enjoy!
Fluffy 'Greek Yogurt' Buttermilk Blueberry Pancakes
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup almond milk with 1 & 1/2 tablespoons lemon or you can use low-fat milk or regular buttermilk, add together and let sit for a 5 minutes, set aside.
- 1 egg or 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries frozen can be used as well
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, add buttermilk concoction, eggs, melted butter, vanilla, and yogurt and whisk together until smooth.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Lightly coat a large non-stick skillet/pan or griddle using butter, cooking spray or your favorite oil of choice.
- Turn to medium heat and by using a 1/3 cup measuring cup, drop batter into the skillet.
- Sprinkle tops with a few blueberries and cook until bubbles appear on top, approximately 2 minutes or so.
- Flip pancakes and cook until other side golden brown, another 2 minutes.
- Wipe skillet clean and repeat with more melted butter, spray or oil and add 1/3 cup batter and keep repeating.
- Makes 12-14 of the fluffiest, tenderest and melt in your mouth buttermilk blueberry pancakes ever!
- Serve immediately or keep pancakes warm in a 200 degree oven on a baking sheet until ready to serve.
- Add warm syrup, butter, whipped cream, jam or whatever you wish. Enjoy!
Double or triple recipe according to # of peeps!
If you love pancakes, you will love these