Lemon curd is so much easier to make than I thought it would be and it’s ready within minutes.
It is a heavenly, sweet yet tart, citrus, velvety custard-like texture that is a British ‘Tea-Time’ favorite, mainly used as a spread on scones, breads, toast or used as a filling in desserts.
I got this awesome recipe from Fig Jam and Lime Cordial and it IS amazing! I was intimidated to make this, but it’s way too easy. *Win* We like easy! You should really give it a try.
Yummy, yummy and insanely lemony!
Here’s the recipe!
Home-Made Lemon Curd
- 2 Lemons large
- 3 1/2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Egg Yolk
- Zest 2 lemons into a large bowl .
- After zesting, juice both lemons and remove or strain seeds, add unsalted butter, and sugar.
- Microwave on high 2 minutes. Take it out and whisk, make sure butter and sugar is dissolved and allow to cool a couple of minutes.
- In another small bowl, whisk 3 eggs and egg yolk together very well.
- Pour beaten eggs through sieve, whisking into the butter mixture as your pour.
- Once combined, put mixture into microwave for 30 seconds on high, stir and micro another 30 seconds, stir again and place in micro for 1 minute.
- Take out of micro and whisk well and let sit.