You love brownies right? Ummm....YES! But have you ever had Double Chocolate Mascarpone Brownies?
After one taste, you'll be like...'Hey, where have you been all my life?' The mascarpone gives these brownies a depth of richness that is so superb and talk about moist and creamy? Oh Good Lord! I'm not even exaggerating how freaking tasty these are.
They scream 'Eat me! I'm Totally Impressive!'
So, if you are not familiar with mascarpone, let me give you a little background...
Mascarpone is a rich, creamy Italian cheese similar to that of cream cheese, but milder, smoother and creamier and made from cream coagulated with either citric or tartaric acid. So, by putting this ingredient in the brownies, you get that lovely rich texture. Let me just say...it will literally knock your socks off.
So...Did you know you can even make your own mascarpone right in your own kitchen?
Recipe: 2 cups of heavy cream and 1 tablespoon lemon juice (and some cheesecloth). (I am sooooo doing this!)
Of course, there are always substitutes for mascarpone that are really good and you can find those at the bottom of the recipe, credit to Gourmet Sleuth. This is too good of a recipe to pass up, so use what you have.
Generally, I love substituting ingredients and getting different textures and results. Some good, some not so good but, there are so many more options that people may not even think of.
But, if you've never had mascarpone, I say go for it. Cream cheese can be substituted if you don't have mascarpone.
If you are looking for a cream cheese swirled brownie? You might want to try these Kahlua Cheesecake Snickers Brownies. Come on...Just take a peek, they're totally divine!
So, let's get down and naughty and dig into these Double Chocolate Mascarpone Brownies!
Double chocolate, double mascarpone, double the yum!
Ultimate Chocolate Mascarpone Brownies
Chocolate Mascarpone Brownies
- 1 cup butter 2 sticks, unsalted
- 3 ounces semi-sweet or milk chocolate chocolate good quality, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup mascarpone cheese at room temperature
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Chocolate Mascarpone Frosting
- 2 oz mascarpone room temperature
- ¼ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1-2 tablespoons cream or milk to adjust consistency
- Keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease or use non-stick spray an 8-inch pan. Or you can put tin foil in bottom of pan for easy lifting out, make sure there is tin-foil overhang to pull them out. Make sure you grease or use non-stick spray.
- Melt the butter in the microwave, then add finely chopped chocolate and mix it into the melted butter until it is smooth and chocolate is melted.
- Add the sugar to the chocolate and butter and mix until combined and microwave for 30 seconds.
- In another bowl, cream the mascarpone, eggs, and vanilla and mix until smooth then add to the chocolate mixture.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, and salt together and mix into the wet ingredients. Just mix until they are all combined.
- Pour the batter into prepared baking pan. Bake for 40-50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool. While the brownies are cooling, time to make the frosting.
Chocolate Mascarpone Frosting
- Using a mixer, combine the mascarpone and butter and blend for about 1 minute.
- Then add the cocoa and confectioner’s sugar and blend until completely combined.
- Add the vanilla extract and salt and cream or milk to adjust the consistency.
- Frost brownies, then drizzle with some chocolate syrup or melted Nutella for a nice decorative touch.
Blend 8 ounces softened cream cheese with ¼ cup whipping cream
OR Blend 8 ounces softened cream cheese with ¼ cup butter and ¼ cup cream
OR Blend 8 ounces softened cream cheese with ⅛ cup whipping cream and ⅛ cup sour cream.
Are you always looking for Healthier Substitutes? Eggless or Dairy-free options? Do you need a Buttermilk Substitute? A Sugar Conversion? Greek Yogurt Substitutes? Gluten Free options?
You can get over 20 Conversion Charts and Kitchen Tips Right Here!