What's more patriotic than patriotic rice krispie treats all decked out in red, white and blue? These star-shaped treats are easy to make and the kiddies can help! They are iced with white chocolate and decorated in holiday 'independence' style with red, white and blue sprinkles.
Here are some famous quotes that relate to our Independence Day which speaks volumes.
"Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation and freedom in all just pursuits."
So, Keep Calm, celebrate and make these Patriotic Rice Krispies to share! They are quick and easy to make for your 4th of July celebration.
Here's to a safe and great holiday weekend and here's the recipe for these quick and easy Patriotic Rice Krispies!
More red white and blue?
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars
- Best Monster Cookies
- Retro Red White and Blue Explosion Cake
- Red White and Blue Chocolate Chip Bars
- 20 Red, White & Blue Patriotic Desserts to Proudly Hail!
Patriotic Rice Krispies
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package Marshmallows 10 oz., about 40
- 5 ½ cups Rice Krispies
- 6 oz . white almond bark
- Food coloring optional
- Sprinkles for garnish optional
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add the rice krispies and stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray.
- Let cool and then cut into stars using a star cookie cutter.
- Place almond bark into a small dish, and microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each, until completely melted.
- For coloring red or blue, add food coloring, and stir.
- Dip the tops of the rice krispies into the almond bark, scraping off excess or spoon into a pastry bag with preferred tip and pipe borders or whatever tickles your fancy.
- Add sprinkles, and place on wax paper to set.
- Chill for 10-15 minutes until almond bark is set.
Happy 4th of July!!