Does the phrase ‘Chocolate Overload’ that have your undivided attention?
These cookies are chewy and overloaded with chocolate chunks and chips galore!
Look at those crackly tops! They are to die for!
The edges are kind of crispy, they’re definitely chewy and obviously, after that first chomp, you will know, what I already know. They’re deliciously addictive.
Snoopy and I stumbled across these fabulous cookies on Deliciously Yum.
This recipe calls out 2 egg yolks and 1 whole egg. Most recipes call out whole eggs or egg whites from what I’ve seen. The yolks contain most of the fats in the egg, so the extra fat contributes extra softness and richness, and extra moisture.
Crazy, sexy, cool, huh?
The best part?
Other chocolate chip cookies to crave!
Click on the picture to go to the cookies!
Chewy Chocolate Overload Cookies
- 3/4 granulated sugar
- 3/4 light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks chips or chopped
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chunks chips or chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a mixer, cream together the sugars and butter, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add 1 whole egg and mix well. Add one egg yolk mixing in, then repeat with other.
- Add in vanilla and mix in.
- Using mixer on low speed, add in the baking powder, soda, and salt until well combined.
- Add flour and mix in until just combined, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Do not overmix! (Dough will be sticky.)
- Using wooden spoon, fold in chocolate.
- Using a large cookie scoop, scoop and place cookie dough balls onto the cookie sheet, 6 per baking pan. These spread out alot!
- Bake for 12-13 minutes or until edges are slightly brown.
- Leave cookies on the cookie sheet 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
- Enjoy with a large glass of cold milk!