Lemon-Cream Cheese Crescent Ring
WHO in the world doesn't love to happily indulge in warm lemon-cream cheese filling enrobed in Pillsbury's buttery, golden baked crescent roll dough, and drizzled with a sweet cream glaze on top? Is it wrong to want lemon cream cheese danish mouthfuls of heaven?
- 3 oz. cream cheese softened (see notes)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 can 8 oz Pillsbury™ refrigerated Crescent Dough Sheet or 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons milk
Heat oven to 350°F. Spray large cookie sheet with cooking spray. In small bowl, mix cream cheese, granulated sugar, lemon juice and lemon peel with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
Unroll dough sheet. (If using crescent rolls, unroll dough and separate into 2 large rectangles. Overlap long sides to form 13x7-inch rectangle; firmly press edges and perforations to seal.)
Spread cream cheese mixture on rectangle to within 1/2 inch of edges.
Starting with 1 long side of rectangle, roll up; pinch edge to seal.
With serrated knife, cut into 12 slices.
Arrange slices on cookie sheet in a circle, overlapping slightly.
Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. In small bowl, mix Glaze ingredients until thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle over warm crescent ring.
- Add more cream cheese if you want more cream cheese filling. You can add anywhere from 3 oz to 8 oz cream cheese in the recipe. All variations are good. (Trust me!)
- Sprinkle the crescent ring with powdered sugar in place of the glaze if you like.
- You can prepare the crescent ring up to 2 hours ahead of time; cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate. Add a few extra minutes to the bake time.