Triple Chocolate Malted Whoppers Brownies
Delectable chocoholic malted brownies with Whoppers inside, in the frosting and on top, and a chocolate ganache that's sure to please! Great for parties, holidays and fun times!
Prep Time25 mins
Cook Time30 mins
- 1/2 to 1 cup Whoppers , chopped
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups Milk Chocolate Chips
- 2 large eggs , room temp
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
Malted Milk Glaze
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter , room temp
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream or whole milk
- 2 tablespoons Whoppers (leftovers from Whoppers from Topping after chopping)
- 1 cup Whoppers , chopped in half, keep tiny bits for malted milk glaze
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons canola oil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Prepare an 8x8 or 9x9 pan, covering pan with aluminum foil, then lightly grease foil.
Melt butter in saucepan on lowest setting until melted.
Add chocolate chips to melted butter, whisking until melted.
In a large mixing bowl, use a large whisk, lightly beat the eggs.
Place the sugars and salt in a small mixing bowl, add eggs and whisk until just incorporated.
Whisk the melted chocolate, then add into egg mixture and whisk until combined. Whisk in vanilla.
Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and cocoa powder together in a small bowl.
Sift dry ingredients over batter and stir in with silicone spatula until just combined.
Fold in chopped Whoppers and pour into pan, spreading out with spatula.
Bake for 25 - 35 minutes depending on size pan. Check center doneness by inserting a toothpick until it comes out clean.
Transfer pan to cooling and rack and let cool. Place in fridge to speed up process, 15 minutes after taking out of oven. (Brownies and cakes are easiest to frost when refrigerated and are cold.)
Malted Milk Glaze
In a small mixing bowl, cream butter, add confectioners sugar, vanilla, salt, cream/milk and 2 tablespoons malted milk ball bits and beat together on low increasing speed until smooth.
Dollop glaze over brownies and spread out using a small spatula.
Place chopped malted milk balls on top of glaze randomly. Press down a bit on some of them using your fingertips.
Using microwave, Melt chocolate in 30 second increments until melted (usually 2 mins). Add cream to chocolate and whisk until smooth and shiny. Spoon chocolate into a plastic bag, snip a small hole in corner of bag and squeeze to make lines over glaze back and forth across brownies.
Add oil into 1 cup pyrex mixing cup, add chocolate chips on top.
Using microwave, Melt chocolate mixture in 30 second increments until melted (usually 2 mins). Stir until smooth and shiny.
Using spatula, drizzle chocolate randomly on top of brownies.
Let brownies set and cut into squares and serve. Leftovers should be sealed.
Boxed Brownie Mix can be substituted for the scratch brownies.
Adapted from Connie Weis