Cinnamon Apple Muffins
These yummy Cinnamon Apple Muffins are perfect for fall, but they are also delicious any time of the year, especially if you are a lover of apple and cinnamon together. Gluten-free, sugar-free and low carb for lifestyle-friendly muffins!
Servings: 12 Muffins
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour I used Bob's Red Mill
- 3/4 cup granulated monk fruit sweetener or stevia/erythritol blend. I used Lakanto (if you want sweeter muffins, increase to 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder gluten-free
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon or apple pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup melted butter melted coconut oil can also be used, should be cooled to room temperature
- 4 eggs, large
- 1/4 cup almond milk unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Granny Smith apple finely diced
Preheat oven to 350º Fahrenheit. Grease or spray with non-stick cooking spray a 12-cup muffin pan; set aside. I like using silicone muffin pan and spraying lightly with non-stick cooking spray when making muffins.
In a bowl, whisk together the almond flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt until well blended. Whisk in the butter or coconut oil and mix well. The texture will appear grainy.
In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, almond milk and vanilla extract.
Pour egg mixture into the dry mixture and stir together, then add in the diced apple
Using an ice cream scoop, scoop batter filling each muffin tin 2/3 to 3/4 of the way full.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the top springs back when lightly touched, then cool for 5-10 minutes in the pan. Remove from muffin pan and allow to finish cooling on a cooling rack.
Calories: 198 Fat (g): 17 Carbs (g): 7 Fiber (g): 3 Protein (g): 7 Net carbs (g): 4