Fresh Strawberry Yogurt Cake
This Fresh Strawberry Yogurt cake is simple to make, slightly tangy, tart and sweet, bursting with fresh, juicy strawberries in every bite! So moist, light and refreshing!
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour sifted
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup sugar or for sugar-free use Lakanto monk fruit sugar for baking or Eyrthitrol of choice
- 2 large eggs room temp
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt or could use sour cream room temp
- ⅓ cup non-dairy or milk of choice room temp
- 6-8 strawberries, chopped smaller is better than larger chopped strawberries
- Optional: Whipped cream and additional strawberries on top or a sprinkle of confectioner's sugar
Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Spray an 8x8 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside.
Using a mixer, beat together the softened butter and sugar until fluffy.
Add in the vanilla extract, then beat in the eggs 1 at a time. Mixture will be very thick.
On the side, whisk together the milk and sour cream.
Then carefully beat about ⅓ of the flour mixture into the butter mixture, followed by about ⅓ of the milk and Greek yogurt mixture. Repeat the process with the rest of the flour mixture and Greek yogurt mixture adding about ⅓ of each at a time.
Gently fold in the chopped strawberries using a spatula or wooden spoon.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Allow to cool.
Optional: Whipped cream and additional strawberries on top or a sprinkle of confectioner's sugar
- Double recipe ingredients for a 9x13 baking pan.
- If cake is sugar-free, calories are 221 per slice
Calories: 281kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 149mg | Potassium: 113mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 404IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 1mg