Patriotic M&M Party Cookie Bars
These Patriotic M&M Party Cookie Bars only need you and your mouth. That’s a celebration in itself! You won’t be able to wait to bite into these thick and chewy cookie bars loaded with fun, festive red, white and blue peanut butter M&M’s & milk chocolate chips!
Servings: 9 Servings
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips plus more for tops if desired
- 1/2 cup M&M’s plus more for tops if desired
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper or foil. Leave an overhang for easy removal. Then spray with non-stick cooking spray.
Using a mixer, in a large bowl, cream room-temperature butter and sugars together. Add in the egg and vanilla and mix together until combined.
Add the flour, baking soda and salt and stir mixture just until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and M&M’s.
Scoop dough into pan and spread out using a spoon or spatula.
Add extra chocolate chips and M&M's on top if desired.
Bake for 30-35 minutes and the center isn't jiggly, not overbaking cooking bars.
Allow to cool completely, then remove from pan and cut into bars.
- Can also bake recipe in 9x9, reduce baking time to 22-28 minutes.
- Double recipe for 9x13 pan size for larger crowds.