GF Healthy Birthday Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars
Super soft, moist, thick peanut butter bars bursting with semi-sweet chocolate chips and sprinkles came to the party ya'll! Woot Woot!
Servings: 12 -16 bars
- 2 eggs or 2 flax eggs or 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup sugar or coconut sugar or see in notes other sugar options
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or favorite nut butter or sugar-free
- 1/4 cup butter melted and cooled (can also use cooled ¼ cup coconut oil)
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract (I like Nielsen-Massey)
- 1 ½ cups packed fine almond flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour not packed but measure correctly (I used Purely Amazing Flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips You could Lilly's (dairy-free, GF & Sugar-free)
- Sprinkles for the top Could use your favorite nuts or sea salt for other options
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Line a 8x8 inch baking pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray to prevent sticking. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, peanut butter, melted butter and extract until smooth.
In another bowl whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt well then add to the wet ingredients and mix to cookie dough consistency, then fold in the chocolate chips.
Add batter to the prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake for 18-25 minutes until edges are just slightly golden. We want to slightly underbake these so they stay gooey.
Once done baking, immediately sprinkle with with colored sprinkles
Remove bars from pan after 15 minutes and cut into bars. You get 12 to 16 bars for the Birthday Girl or Boy!!
Aso Delicious with a scoop of peanut butter cup ice cream for a yummy sundae.
To make these vegan substituting eggs and chocolate chips: 2 flax egg 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal + 6 tablespoons cold water Mix in a small bowl, then place in the fridge for 5 minutes to thicken up before adding to wet mixture. Replace vegan chocolate chips with regular chocolate chips.
To make low carb - check out this Keto Sugar Cheat Sheet
Serving: 0g | Calories: 0kcal | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg