Ultimate Soft Chocolate Drop Cookies
Soft, chocolate cocoa drop cookies stuffed with chocolate chips and frosted with a yummy, creamy mocha chocolate frosting that'll just melt in your mouth.
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 3/4 cups + 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1/4 cup hot strong brewed coffee or milk
- 3/4 teaspoon maple syrup or vanilla extract
In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
Beat in the egg, milk and vanilla.
Beat in chocolate until blended.
Combine the flour, baking soda and salt and slowly add to wet mixture and mix well.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Drop by large tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets.
Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees or until set.
Cool on pans for 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
In a large bowl, beat the frosting ingredients until smooth.
Frost cookies and let set out until frosting has firmed up.
Place in sealed plastic container.