Patriotic Chex Party Mix
A delightfully fun, sweet and salty party Peanut Butter Chex Mix loaded with Red, White and Blue M&Ms, Salted Roasted Peanuts, Mini Pretzels, Oreos and covered in White Chocolate! Easy and delish!
- 5 cups Peanut Butter Chex Cereal or any Chex Cereal will work
- 15 Oreo Cookies chopped in quarters, or use mini Oreos
- 1 cup salted roasted peanuts Add more if you wish!
- 1 cup mini pretzels Add more if you wish!
- 1 cup Red White & Blue M&Ms Add more if you wish!
- 16 oz CandiQuik White Chocolate OR any white chocolate, add 1 tablespoon vegetable or canola oil if too thick.
In a large bowl, combine the Chex, peanuts, pretzels and oreos.
Melt CANDIQUIK Coating in Melt & Make™ Microwave Tray for 1 minute. Stir well. If not completely melted, continue to microwave for 15 second intervals, stirring after each interval until smooth. If melting less than entire package, reduce microwave time accordingly.
Add half of the chocolate into the bowl of Chex mixture and gently stir the chocolate coating the Chex mix. It doesn't have to be completely coated, because you will be adding more at the end.
Turn the Chex mixture out onto a large piece of wax paper and sprinkle with M&M's and drizzle remainder of chocolate on top. Using a piping bag with medium piping tip or ziplock bag with hole cut out works great for drizzling your chocolate on top.
Allow the white chocolate to stand at room temperature for about 1 hour to harden.
To serve, gently break the mix up into large chunks and serve in a bowl or cups.
If you don't want drizzles, just coat the entire batch with as much chocolate as you wish in the 3rd step. It will be more like white trash party Chex mix.