Fluffernutter Apple Nachos
Granny Smith Apples slathered in marshmallow cream, peanut butter! If you desire, add whatever else you want to make it ultimate gourmet apple nachos with Kit Kat bars, M&M's, Reese's Pieces. Easy and quick to make for a sweet dessert for after school or movie night!
Servings: 6 Servings
- 3-4 large Granny Smith apples sliced up
- 1 cup marshmallow cream add more if you wish
- ½ cup peanut butter creamy or crunchy, add more if you wish
- optional add additional fun candies, fruits, nuts, etc Kit Kat, Snickers, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Milky Way, roasted peanuts, chocolate chips, chocolate drizzles, raisins, Reese's Pieces, M&M's, Pretzels, bananas, sprinkles etc.
Assemble and arrange the sliced apples out on a plate.
Heat the marshmallow creme in the microwave for 10-15 seconds and immediately stir and drizzle with a spoon over the apples. (The marshmallow creme will puff up in the microwave, just poke it and stir, it will be thick, but you don't want to overcook it)
Heat the peanut butter in the microwave for 10-15 seconds and drizzle over the apples.
Top with whatever else you wish if you desire and dive in!
- I didn't have to put lemon on these Granny Smith apples, but most apples require it, to keep them from browning, and I put them in the fridge after eating some of them and the next morning they were really good right out the fridge.
- If you don't have marshmallow cream, place 2 cups of mini marshmallows and microwave 30 seconds in a very large bowl, as marshmallows will expand. (Check them at the 15-second mark to make sure they are not bubbling over your bowl.) Add 1 tablespoon of corn syrup, maple syrup or honey and add to microwave for another 15 seconds or so. Use a whisk to whip it all together nicely smooth and gooey.