Devilish Fudgy Double Chocolate Orange Cookies
There's something really special and epic when dark chocolate and orange come together, especially when you bite into these tempting soft, thick and fudgy double chocolate chip cookies studded with sweetened candied orange peel. They're SO devilishly tempting, you won't be able to stop at just one cookie.
Servings: 48 Medium Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cold cut into small cubes
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup premium unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chunks or semisweet chocolate chips plus extra for top of cookies
- ½ - ¾ cup candied orange peel plus extra for top of cookies (I used PARADISE CANDIED ORANGE PEEL)
Preheat oven to 375F.
Using a mixer, cream together butter and sugars on high speed for 3-4 minutes until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well between additions.
Add in all-purpose flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt and mix on lowest speed setting until dough is just combined. Don’t overmix, but get dough mixed together for even color. Stir in chocolate chunks and orange peel.
Place the dough in the fridge for 10-15 minutes to chill.
Line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
Scoop dough balls using a medium cookie scoop and heap the dough in the scoop so it looks like a ball. Place onto baking sheets.
Place several chocolate chips and orange peel on top.
Bake cookies for about 10-11 minutes and cookies look almost set.
Remove from oven and let cookies cool on the baking sheets if you can wait that long to sample!