Easy No Bake "Death By Chocolate" Cheesecake
Easy No Bake "Death By Chocolate" Cheesecake is here. Sinful as ever, doting, rich and creamy chocolate cheesecake, as it sits atop a rich OREO cookie crust and it's topped with a dark chocolate ganache and dark chocolate sprinkles. It's to die for! :)
- 25 Oreos crushed into crumbs (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 and 1/2 cups good quality dark chocolate chips melted and brought to room temperature (I like to use Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips)
- 1 and 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon chocolate extract I used Massey Nielson's, but you can use any kind of extract flavoring you want.
- 24 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup good quality dark chocolate chips (I like to use Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips)
- Optional: Dark Chocolate Bar grated
Grease or spray with non-stick spray into the base and sides of a 9" springform pan and set aside.
Mix together the Oreo crumbs and melted butter until mixed well.
Press the mixture into the prepared pan and refrigerate while preparing the cheesecake.
Using a mixer, whip the heavy cream on high speed until it starts to get thick, then add the powdered sugar and chocolate extract to the heavy cream and whip until stiff peeks form.
In another bowl, using a mixer or whisk together the cream cheese and granulated sugar until well combined and smooth.
Add the melted chocolate, and mix until well combined. Fold in the whipped cream and fold until chocolate is mixed through.
Spread the mixture over the Oreo crust and spread top evenly.
Refrigerate for at least 6 hours - preferably overnight.
Microwave the chocolate chips in 20 second intervals, stirring after each one, until melted.
Add heavy cream to melted chocolate and mix together well until smooth and creamy.
Grate chocolate and sprinkle on edge of cheesecake.
Spread over the cheesecake.
Serve and get ready for your chocolate buzz!