Strawberry-Raspberry Jell-O Whipped Cheesecake Layered Salad
Strawberry-Raspberry Jello Whipped Cheesecake Layered Salad is fruity, creamy and so refreshing. Summer-inspired? Oh yeah!
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 7-8 large strawberries , sliced
- 1 quart raspberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 8 oz . canned pineapple chunks or crushed , with juice
- 1 cup mashed firm bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup chopped walnuts , optional
Whipped Cheesecake Layer
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese , very softened cups
- 1 cup whipped cream , whipped (makes 2 cups) or 8 oz whipped topping in tub
- 1 tablespoon sugar , optional
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 to 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, optional
In a microwaveable bowl, add your strawberries, rasberries and pineapple (with juice) and 1 tablespoon sugar and microwave for 2 - 3 minutes. Then mash up all the fruit somewhat with a fork, potato masher or a pastry cutter, but keep it semi chunky. Add mashed bananas and set aside.
In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Stir in fruit mixture.
Pour half of the mixture into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
Set the remaining gelatin mixture aside. Combine the cream cheese, whipped cream, vanilla and sugar, optional and whip together using mixer. Spread over the chilled gelatin. Spoon remaining gelatin mixture over top. Chill overnight. Yield: 12-15 servings.