Mimi's Carrot Cake Oat Pecan Bread
Made with 100% wholegrain Irish Oats, shredded carrots, roughly chopped pecans, cinnamon, nutmeg and applesauce are just a few key natural ingredients, mixed in with the usual suspects. And... Top of the mornin' to ya! Mimi's Carrot Cake Oat Pecan Loaf IS the BOMB! :)
- 1 ½ cups all-pupose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canola oil or (1/2 cup canola oil and 1/2 cup applesauce can be used as well)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups carrots , shredded
- 3/4 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans , optional
- 1/2 cup raisins , optional
Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan and set it aside.
In a mixing bowl whisk flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine oil, sugars, eggs, vanilla and mix well.
Add the flour mixture to the oil mixture and stir just a few strokes.
Fold in the carrots, rolled oats, 1/2 cup pecans and raisins, (optional) just until everything is combined.
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle 1/4 cup chopped pecans on top. Add foil loosely over the top of the batter the last 15-20 minutes of baking in case the pecans start browning too much. You will be able to smell them if they start too.
Bake it in the preheated oven for 60-70 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.