Ultimate Hazelnut Truffle Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies are a thing.
These indulgent cookies came to mind when I was baking up these Ultimate Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. I couldn’t resist changing them up with some butterscotch chips, hazelnut truffles and white chocolate and dark chocolate chips.
These are a wonderful combination of sweet, buttery, chewy butterscotch, white chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate chip oatmeal cookies topped with a heaping melted hazelnut truffle on top, kind of like the star on top of the Christmas tree.
It’s the final touches. 🙂
I think I just fell in love again.
Taking old-fashioned desserts, like oatmeal cookies and giving them a modern holiday-ish spin is fun to do.
What could be more holiday-ish than truffles and cookies?
Mind you, you could add any flavor of truffle on top, change the chocolate chips out, add dried fruit, toffee, sprinkles, a different chocolate bar on top, toffee chips, candies…
The list could go on…I hope I’m not boring you with my add-in addiction ideas.
It isn’t imperative you absolutely have to the truffles or you can’t make these cookies because you don’t have truffles in the house. They are just as delicious without the truffles.
Get creative and change it up for every holiday, because these cookies are are pretty big deal.
These would be wonderful to give your lover, husband, best friend, aunt or uncle, your kids and your best friends. These cookies reflect love and THEY will LOVE it. 🙂
They are 1/4 cup cookies, not 1 heaping tablespoon cookies, although it’s up to you how big or small you want to make them and remember to reduce your baking time if you make them smaller and keep the truffle size in mind.
Let’s indulge please!
For more indulgences, you’ll probably drool over these Turtle Caramel Truffle Brownies, these Addictive Pecan Pie Bars and these Devilish Fudgy Double Chocolate Orange Cookies. All super yummy for the holidays too!
Ultimate Hazelnut Truffle Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup cold butter cut into cubes
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups Butterscotch semi-sweet chips and white chocolate chips (1/2 cup of each)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 bag Lindt Nutella Truffles
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare 2 baking sheets lining with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together cold butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition and then mix in your vanilla.
- Add flour, oats, cornstarch, baking soda, salt and stir until combined. Stir in chips.
- Scoop dough out using 1/4 cup using a cookie scoop and place 6 on a baking tray.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown on the top.
- Take baking sheet of cookies out of oven and and place chocolate on top by placing in oven for 15-45 seconds or however long it takes to get the chocolate to start melting, then take out of oven. It's ok if the chocolate melts down the cookie a bit. I got some that had chocolate on the bottom, YUM!
- Let them rest for at least 10-minutes to set before transferring to a baking wire rack.