These OMG! Heavenly Cherry Cheesecake Swirl Brownies are so heavenly, they are the most sinful, indulgent brownies ever.
Seriously. I. Can’t. Stop. Thinking. About. Them.
Can you blame me?
Succulent cherries and creamy cheesecake baked right in deep, rich and thick chocolatey fudge brownies??! I can hear you asking me….Are you for real?
Yes! I wouldn’t tease ya like that! Brownies are very serious business!
Because guess what’s coming up? Valentine’s Day!!! ???
Brownies are essential for Valentine’s Day! They are the perfect chocolate sweet treat indulgence for your chocoholic (s) lurking and searching about for their next chocolate ‘fix’. And trust me, they will absolutely love these!
Brownies are an obsession of mine. Are you obsessed right along with me? Never can turn them down?
That’s why I love you!
I love coming up with different ways to stuff, layer, frost and even make them healthy on occasion. *Note* This is not one of them. 🙂
This recipe makes a 9×13 pan, but you can can divide the ingredients in half and use an 8×8 or 9×9 pan.
The brownies are excellent heated up in the microwave for 15-20 seconds. It tastes like a rich, fudge, pudding-like brownie swimming in sweet, tart cherries and cheesecake that tastes out of this world.
Store brownies in fridge when not face-planting. 🙂
I use canned cherry pie filling as a shortcut in the brownies, but you can use home-made cherry filling or change the fruit up with raspberry or strawberry pie filling, if cherries aren’t your thing. You can also leave the fruit filling out all together.
Another shortcut you can use is brownie mix as well, but I hope you make the homemade brownies. 🙂
More over the top brownie ideas for your special occasion?
OMG! Heavenly Cherry Cheesecake Swirl Brownie
- 1 cup butter unsalted (2 sticks or 16 tablespoons)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened premium cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon chocolate, coffee or vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose Flour
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can Cherry Pie Filling
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9" x 13" pan or line your greased pan with parchment paper, and grease the parchment to life out easily for cutting brownies.
- Microwave butter uncovered, on 100 percent power (high) until butter is melted, about 30 to 60 seconds. Add in the sugar, stirring until the mixture is smooth-like.
- Stir in the cocoa, salt, baking powder and extract and mix until incorporated.
- Whisk in the eggs one at a time, mixing in between each addition. Add flour, stirring until smooth.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Beat the cream cheese so there are no lumps remaining and smooth. Mix in the sugar and flour, heavy cream and eggs.
- 1 can of cherry pie filling, opened and ready to spoon.
- Spoon half the brownie batter into the prepared pan, then top with the cheesecake batter.
- Spoon 2/3rds of the cherries on top of the cheesecake layer in dollops, keeping the cheesecake exposed in spots.
- Dollop the remaining brownie batter onto the cheesecake mixture along with the remainder of the cherries, swirling them all together, using the tip of a knife.
- Bake the brownies for 45 to 50 minutes, until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, and the edges are set or until it doesn't jiggle anymore.
- Remove them from the oven, and loosen the edges with a knife.
- Cool completely at room temperature, then refrigerate so they can continue setting up, preferably overnight, then cut into squares. (We couldn't wait, so after you are done taste testing, put them in the fridge.) So good!
- Microwave for extra indulgent chocolate flavor!
Adapted from King Arthur Flour’s Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies