Nutella Churro Donut Poppers
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar of choice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup low fat milk or almond milk
- ⅓ cup Nutella melted
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- ⅓ cup sugar of choice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 176C | 350F. Spray a 24-count mini muffin tray with cooking oil spray; wipe over excess with paper towel and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk all of the dry ingredients together.
- Make a well in the center and add the oil, egg, vanilla and milk.
- Whisk the batter until smooth and lump free.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or spoon 2 tablespoons into each muffin tin, filling to to ¾ full. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until they are golden in color and a toothpick inserted into the center of a donut comes out clean.
- Allow them to cool for 5 minutes and transfer them onto a cooling rack.
- Brush each donut over with a light coating of melted butter; combine the sugar and cinnamon together in a shallow bowl; toss each donut hole into the cinnamon sugar mix until evenly coated.
- Fill a piping bag with the Nutella.
- Using a a narrow nozzle, fill each donut with Nutella until they puff up and expand.