Indulge yourself! One bite of Mimi’s Honey Vanilla Banana Bread and you’ll be hooked.
Madagascar Vanilla is made with twice the amount of vanilla beans and it adds an incredibly full flavor to this bread. The sweet honey is made by bees using nectar from clover. Best honey I’ve ever had, hands down! You’ll probably have to use whatever kind of honey you have access too. The local honey is sold out pretty much in advance here, so sorry about that!
Every bite is moist,rich and tasty. Now, if you don’t have these ‘special’ ingredients, don’t worry! It will still be excellent with what you have on hand. If you’re wondering who ‘Mimi’ is? It’s me. It’s my ‘grandma’ name, since I don’t want to be called ‘grandma’. My hubby thinks I should be called ‘granny’, because he wants to be called ‘Grandpappy’. LOL…anyways, this bread is perfect for breakfast, snacking, or add a finishing touch to the end of an evening meal. Here’s the recipe for Mimi’s Honey Vanilla Banana Bread! Enjoy!
Mimi's Honey Vanilla Banana Bread
- 3-4 large ripe bananas mashed
- 1/3 cup olive oil or melted butter cooled
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey or Byler's Honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract or Madagascar Vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray with non-stick spray a 9x5 loaf pan.
- Mix together the melted butter or olive oil, bananas, honey, sugars, eggs and vanilla together.
- In another bowl, add the baking powder, baking soda, salt and flour together and whisk and then add to the wet mixture and mix until just incorporated.
- Pour mixture into a loaf pan and bake for 1 hour.
- Let cool in pans for 10 minutes, then remove from pans and cool on a wire rack until completely cool.
Banana Bread got your fancy? You might like these!